Season 2 | Episode 1 | Mine

This is set a year after Season 1, so every character is a year older than they were at the start. Again, the characters, as well as the main plot inspiration are from MelisandreGhoul. Do go check out their stories, they're absolutely amazing.

Secondo fiddled with his hands anxiously, refusing to take his eyes off the summoning corridor. A low rumbling could be heard from inside it.

He and Terzo were waring their usual ponchos, the only difference being an emerald green pin of the Emeritus cross Secondo's was accessorized with.

Primo, however, was waring his new Papa robes. He wore a black hoodless cloak with white embroidery tracing around the bottom, collar and rims of the sleevs. A crimson red shirt was underneath that, along with dark grey trousers and tight black boots that reached just over his ankles. A thin, glimmering white chain tangled around his left hand with the Emeritus cross hanging below his palm. The small red Emeritus pin he'd used to form the bond between him and his ghouls was attached to the right side of his cloak collar.

A deep snarl caught all of their attention and Secondo stared intensely into the corridor, trying to catch a glimpse at least of the creatures inside. They crept forward slowly, the sound of their clawed feet scrapping against the floor echoing through the control room. Secondo saw their eyes before he saw them: five pairs, all glowing, all in the elemental colour of the ghoul they belonged to. They wore the same ragged clothes that Primo's had worn when they'd been summoned. One of them stumbled quite a bit as they walked in, leaning on another for support.

Secondo felt a tear run down his cheek as the spiked emotions of everyone in the room began to overwhelm him, but he tried to fight them off none the less. He didn't want any distractions right now.

A large ghoul with stunning dark viridian eyes stepped forward, as if trying to protect the rest of the pack. Secondo crept towards it, staring up into the cat-like eyes that followed him with every step he took. He was only just the same height as the ghoul, but he was much too focused on its soal to be concerned with its height. It was an earth ghoul, protective but stern. It knew what it wanted and was very good at telling what others needed. Its soal wasn't quite pure, but it was a creature of hell so that wasn't too shocking of a discovery.

Slowly, Secondo reached a hand up to cup its cheek. The earth ghoul growled at him before hesitantly leaning into his touch. It didn't trust the young boy, but that wasn't really a suprise. These ghoul would have been three, at most, when the revolution had finally ended. They'd lived through a horrific war and, one way or another, the cause could be traced back to the Emeruituses.

Secondo noticed a brother of sin approaching behind the ghoul with a large metal collar in his hands and he swore, if he were a ghoul, he'd been growling, "Touch him and I will have him bite off the hand you did it with."

The brother froze, clearly not knowing what to do. He'd been ordered by Papa Nihil, the head of the Clergy, to collar the ghoul, but he also wasn't too fond of the concept of loosing one of his hands.

"Secondo, what are you doing?" Papa Nihil interrogated.

Secondo turned to face the tall man, never taking his hand off the ghoul, "These are my ghouls, are they not? Mine. If you had not wanted me to choose how they would be treated than you should not have summoned them for me."

Papa Nihil looked as if he was about to explode from rage.

Secondo just narrowed his eyes at him, purposefully flipping him off as he tapped his middle finger on the green, Emeritus pin attached to his poncho. His body was instantly enveloped in a blinding white light, along with his five ghouls.