Season 1 | Episode 5 | Trauma bonding

Secondo openned his eyes, greeted again by the tall black figure that glared down at him. He met its gaze. He'd seen it so many times before, been with it in that void-like room so many times before, that he was now almoust completely unfazed by its presence. He sighed and rose from his bed, standing infront of it and refusing to look away from its glowing blue eyes. It loomed over him, staring into his soal.

"What do you want?"

He said it as more of a statement than a question. He knew there would be no answer anyway but, still, he persisted. He'd asked it so many times before but was yet to recieve a reply

"I know what you are now. You're my brother's Quintessence ghoul. How have you been communing with me? Like this?"

Once again, the creature remained silent, but it continued to glare at him. It stood like a sentinel, guarding a secret that it wanted him to uncover but would still not let him find. Secondo wasn't bothered by its stubbornness, he was used to it by now. But something seemed off. Seemed different. It wasn't alone.

He wasn't sure how it had taken him so long to notice the other five ghouls that stood, forming a circle, around him. They were Primo's other ghouls, and they were all dressed in their uniforms, glaring at him. This was new

"What do you want?"

He was getting tired of having the same unexplainable dream-vision every night.

"What. Do. You. Want?"

The ghouls stayed silent. It infuriated him.

"What do you want!?"

"Hi!" Terzo fell off his chair, hitting the floor with a loud thud. He shot back up into a sitting position and turned to look at the small girl stood at his door, which was now wide open. She was a young British girl, the same age as him, with long dark black hair that she'd done up in a messy bun. She was waring the outfit of an apprentice nurse but, as far as Terzo was aware, the Clergy didn't have one of those.

"Who the fu-!"

"I need to borrow something." The girl interupted, smilling brightly. She walked fully into his room, closing the door behind her and striding over to the small wooden desk in the corner of his room. He was suppose to use it for tasks his father gave him but, instead, he would just dump things on it that he couldn't find a place for anywhere else in his room. She knelt down and openned the small draw underneath it, pulling the whole draw out and rumaging through its contents. Terzo sat back on his chair, watching her closely as she continued to search.

"As I was saying, who are you?" He questioned.

"Seren." The girl said plainly. She had a calm, polite accent which perfectly contradicted her strange and abnormal attitude.

"Do you not have a last name?" Terzo was used to people introducing themselves with their full names, since family was everything in the Clergy.

"No. I couldn't choose between my mum's or my dad's." Seren answered. That was something he hadn't expected her to say. If her parents had different last names, did that mean they were no longer together? But she seemed so calm and happy. Had she really come from a brocken home?

"Care to elaborate?" Terzo asked, trying to make his voice sound a little more gentle. He couldn't help but feel bad for her.

"No." She said blanky, as she continued to search through his draw. It was as if she wasn't at all bother by his questions. If she didn't want to answer, she didn't care to sugar-coat her refusal. Honestly, he would prefer it if most people would be that way, but they weren't. She was different, like him.