Team

My whole existence is flawed
You get me closer to God

ELIJAH DE LUCA

The enemy is seated right in front of me, so very close. Completely unaware of the fact that I am stalking her. It would be too fast, too easy. It's not worth it. I need her for now. 

After my interaction with Arya sooner this day I went quickly to my penthouse to pack my things before we left.  The decision was very rash, but this war is moving faster than what I was anticipating. 

I wasn't able to get much information out form Katashi, but it was enough. 

It drives me insane that I don't have a concrete plan. The only safe thing in this plan is Arya, and the fact that she is the ending thing in all of this. I need herb by my side for now to finish everything off. 

She didn't understand how important she is in any of this. And she never will. She will not live to see that. 

Stepping up as a don in these times has been harder than I anticipated, but definitely worth it. Respect has never been an issue, but after all of this is over, they will regret ever trying to throw the Italian mafia off. It's one of the strongest for a reason. And after I throw out Mexicans too, it will be the strongest. No one daring to ever compete against me again.

When Roman called me, I was surprised. 

Roman has been dealing with his own stuff in these past months, he would rather not bother with things including other mafias. So, if he called me, it must be extremely important. 

He is a man of few words. He only called me and told me I needed to be at his state as soon as possible. I am confident we will be safe there for the time being. He owes me that much. So, I was comfortable in only going myself and Arya. 

The downside of this trip is that I don't know what's coming, I like having the upper hand in everything, and lately I haven't had it. I am hoping that with this trip everything will become clearer. 

I left Francisco in charge, as my second in command he is the only one I can trust, he is the only one that knows what's going on, I don't trust anyone else. You never know who could end up stabbing your back.

"When will be arrive? The only other person in this private jet asks me. Snapping me out of my own dark thoughts.

She sits comfortably reading a book, unaware as always, she is just like a prey, she would be an easy catch. She is not ready to become don and I don't think she will ever be. That doesn't surprise me, Vincent is one misogynistic bitch. 

"We should be arriving in about 20 minutes or so." I inform her shortly.

"Have you ever gone to Russia? I didn't know what to pack." She begins trying to make a conversation.

I hate small talk.

-

"People have found out I have been helping you." Roman explains to me. While Arya is furiously outside of Roman's office, probably wanting to listen to our conversation. Her motives all always so loud.

"What do you mean found out?" I glare at the picture frame on his desk, the woman he brought to the ball by his side annoying by the sheer fact they are touching shoulders.  "Aren't you always doing everything to not be involved?"

"Yes, but there must be people working on both sides. You can't trust anyone Elijah. " Roman notices my stare and flips the picture around. 

"I know." I tell him in a quieter tone, just in case Arya is able to overhear us.