Selling my soul

Run, baby, run
Run for your life
Imma tear out your heart
It'll always be mine

ELIJAH DE LUCA

Seeing her was not part of the plan for today.

One of the things my father and I had in common was hating Serbians. The only part of his legacy I would fulfill was getting rid of their estate. That was the whole reason I was here today. My men were scattered everywhere, they informed me a meeting would be taking place here today. And I couldn't miss out on the opportunity to gather important intel.

I had a specific device that helped me pick up conversations, those I couldn't pick up with my bare ears. The position I was in didn't let me have the upper hand and getting too close to the men gathered was too risky for me. Good thing I brought it with me.

As I was taking my fourth drink of whiskey a familiar silhouette caught my eyes. Reminding me of the dagger I had hidden in my pants.

She was almost unrecognizable. Almost.

With a long black dress that perfectly hugged her figure, long legs, and curious eyes. She was truly a temptation. But that was her job for as long as she was born being beautiful yet dangerous.

The mask did a good job hiding her face, but I always had a sharp eye, her vibrant hazel eyes didn't fool me. She and I had unfinished business, I would return to after finishing getting the Serbians out of my ass and my mafia.

Her plump lips formed a small yet noticeable o shaped as she looked at me. Mia cara, che tentazione.

Did she recognize me? I guess I am about to find out.

I turn towards Francisco, he is seated at a table far away from me, but enough for us to be able to see each other. A nod is enough for him to understand what I am communicating. I down the last of the whiskey I had in my cup and walk toward the terrace area of the restaurant.

If she is a smart girl, she will follow me. And I am never wrong.

Soon after I left, I heard faint sounds of heels clicking, I walked faster to have a bit of space between her and I and hid on a corner, exactly in a place where no people were able to see us. But if someone came here there was a chance we would get caught.

I hide in between the walls, impatiently waiting for her to arrive.

Finally, smelling that intoxicating familiar scent of lavender, I get her dagger out of my pants.
And that's when I attack, I don't let her see me, but I make my presence known by pressing her dagger on her neck. Harming her is not on my plan.

Yet.

Getting rid of her will be my dessert. And I will savor every bite.

The action was enough for her to understand I have the upper hand in this situation. I could get rid of her as quick and easy as I ambushed her.

The confusion in her eyes and the small hit of realization she had when she saw me was one of the best things I have had happening in my week thus far.

I threaten her, but she doesn't budge, instead, she does a brave action that surprised me.

She decided to turn around, making eye contact with me. She takes my mask off; I allow her to. She scans my face, and I can see her lip slightly smile when she gets to a spot in my eyebrow. 

I press the dagger harder, not enough to draw blood. But as a reminder that the same way this dagger caused my scar it could slash her throat open. I wouldn't dream of scarring such a thin and delicate neck though.