Scrambling For a Meal

En başından başla

Deuce shakes his head. "He's got such a one-track mind when it comes to food!"

Ace nods and sighs. You and the boys rush to reach Grim before he causes any trouble. "Grim! Stop!"

You managed to grab Grim but he manages to grab a pawful of goodies. You apologize to the students as you carry Grim to a table, desperate to keep him out of more trouble. Grim sits on top of the table and grins triumphantly at his sandwich.

"Ha! Guess who scored the last deluxe grilled cheese sandwich? This guy. That's why they call me Grim the Great! Myahahaha! I also snagged a bear claw AND a cronut!"

You shake your head. "If only you put this much effort into studying."

Deuce and Ace sits beside you.

"Here," Deuce says as he hands you a pasty. "I thought you might like this."

Ace jumps up and thrusts a breakfast sandwich at you. "No take this! This is way better!"

You looked at them in surprise. "What's this for?"

Ace sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. "Well we saw you had to deal with Grim so you didn't get anything."

Deuce nods his head. "Yeah, so we thought we'd get you something before it all ran out."

You smile and wrap an arm around them. "Thank you guys!"

Deuce and Ace blush at your affection. You take both the sandwich and the pastry and you all dig into your lunch while Grim scarfs the donuts down. You shake your head, thinking Grim has a food addition problem.

You spot the hyena you saw in the botanical gardens. He walks by the bakery. "Rats. Looks like I'm late for the monthly bakery battle royale. And now they're sold out of the grilled cheese Leona sent me to buy for him."

"Myahahaha!" Grim happily holds his sandwich in the air. "I'm gonna savor the flavor of this victory!"

The hyena spots Grim and smirks, making his way to you. He stops at the end of your table staring at Grim. Up close, you notice he couldn't be any taller than you. Deuce and Ace stare at the newcomer, readying themselves to protect you if need be.

"Hello, it was Ruggie right?" You ask him.

The hyena's ear twitched as he stares at you with a surprised look. "You remembered my name?"

"Of course, I wanted to thank you for coming in when you did at the botanical gardens." You smile sweetly at Ruggie. "I don't think I would've gotten away from that lion if it wasn't for you."

Ruggie was taken aback. He didn't intervene for your behalf so why are you being so nice? Was it to get something from him?

"Uhh, you're welcome..."

You hold your hand out to him. "My name is Y/N. It's nice to properly meet you this time."

Ruggie stares at your hand before he finally shakes it. He smiles back at you. "Like wise."

Deuce and Ace watch in stunned silence, not believing that you would be kind to this stranger. Why did you have to be so nice to everyone?

"Pardon me, friend." Ruggie says to Grim. "I see you were able to get your hands on the highly prized deluxe cheese sandwich. Incredible!"

Grim tilts his head. "Hm? Who're you and whaddaya want with my meat?"

"Oh, I'm just a guy who really, really wanted to buy that sandwich you've got there, but arrived a smidge too late. Speaking of which, here's a proposition for you..."