The Queen's Descent to Earth

Start from the beginning

"...We've finally made it home."

"Yes, but we've made it this far. Now, we just have to await the formal signing of the friendship treaty and immigration agreement."

Among them, there was the figure of a young Foreign Affairs bureaucrat, Niwatsukino, descending from the ramp along with his colleagues. As the Queen's visit to Earth had become a reality, their mission had come to an end, and they had returned to Earth with the Queen's entourage.

Foreign Minister Ino explained the future itinerary to the inspection team that had landed on Earth.

"This is our country's territorial waters. To disembark in the capital, Tokyo, you'll need to cross by ship."

"...A ship?"

"Yes, we'll guide you there. After landing in Tokyo by ship, you will proceed to the Imperial Palace. Our country's monarch, Emperor, awaits your arrival."

"...!"

At the end of the red carpet, several electric carts used for transportation within the spaceport were parked. Inside this megafloat, which covered an area of 16 square kilometers, movement without vehicles was nearly impossible. The cart carrying the Earth Inspection Group, under the glare of numerous flashlights, departed from the landing area. They made their way to the harbor where ships to Tokyo regularly entered and exited, and they were guided to a large passenger ship prepared by the Japanese government.

Sky over the Tokyo Spaceport

A passenger ship, carrying the distinguished guests from the Space Drifters Union, set sail from Tokyo Spaceport. The responsibility for escorting the ship had transitioned from the IFSF to the Imperial Japanese Armed Forces, and Imperial Navy destroyers accompanied the passenger ship on both sides.

"We have safely delivered the subject to Japan. We hand over the escort mission to the Navy and return to Yokota Base!"

"Copy!"

The IFSF Lunar Area Force, 12th Flight Squadron (Japanese division), which had been escorting from Mars, changed its course to Yokota Base in Tokyo for resupply and rest. Shortly after, numerous space fighter jets turned their noses towards Tokyo.

'It's been a year since I've been to Tokyo...!'

Among the pilots, there was the figure of Lieutenant Toshimichi Togo. He was looking forward to reuniting with his family, whom he had left in Tokyo a year ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 12, 2199

Mars

District 5, Suiryu

On the same day, after the Queen's departure, Mars was experiencing a decline in the intensity of protests and demonstrations by a group calling themselves anti-foreigner activists. While the Queen's administration had promised a withdrawal from Mars, there had been no official apology, causing lingering dissatisfaction and hostility among the victims of the Mars invasion.

In the midst of this, Sumiichiro and Itsuki had returned to the capital city, Suiryu. Itsuki, being a fugitive for her attempt on the Queen's life, had to hide in a prefabricated cabin constructed at the site of a church, and she was unable to leave. Meanwhile, Sumiichiro, who was her foster father, had been summoned by a man and was visiting District 5, near the heart of Suiryu. District 5 was the premier tourist area in Suiryu, known for its casinos and hotels. Sumiichiro was being led to the penthouse suite of a high-rise hotel, also known as a suite. The hotel staff who guided Sumiichiro pressed the intercom and spoke to the guest inside.