𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆

"𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖"

𝒗𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒂𝒏

I open my eyes and groan and I roll on my side. The sun shines through my white satin curtains, it's a beautiful day today, I even woke up on time. I pulled an all-nighter studying last night, I don't even remember what I was studying. I crawl out of my bed and grab my phone. It's Monday. The start of a new week and can't wait to get to school. (I'd rather clean a barn, with a toothbrush.) 

I grab my outfit (A tight, grey, long-sleeved shirt with a black skirt and black knee-high socks to match my black converse). I don't take too long getting ready because I woke up having a good hair day. I look at myself in the mirror and my blonde jellyfish cut is looking great. I look pretty today let's hope that distracts the rumors. 

My bus is a couple minuets late today, so I have more time to prepare myself. I don't even know why I care so much. I have a job, investments, savings, and a cat. I shouldn't care so much about this. Who cares if it'll give you a bad reputation (for the sixth time in a row.). It's not like I let anyone down, I'm alone. Not in a bad way, I'm alone in a way that doesn't allow people to waste my time. 

The bus pulls to a stop and I climb into it. People are staring at me and whispering. Okay, not too bad. I get to an empty seat and pull out my phone. The guys in the seat next to me are staring. Understandable, I punched one of their cousins a couple months ago. 

You must be confused right now. You may be asking "Why does she have so many problems with people?" well, these people bully my little brother for being autistic. He doesn't know any better, but I do, so I do something about it. I was suspended for a week last Monday for punching a girl. I would punch her again, totally worth it. People have escalated the situation since then saying, "she almost killed poor Rosie." 

I wish. 

She's okay now though. I gave her a nosebleed and we're both continuing our lives happily ever after. The school wanted me to apologize, as if. What am I supposed to do? Buy her edible arrangements after her bullying my brother. I don't think so. The bus arrives at the school, and nobody moves until I'm off the bus. Being a vigilante comes with its perks at school. 

First and Second period go by pretty quickly. Third period ends and my teacher slips a note on my desk that reads "see me after class." Oh goodie. Let me introduce you to my teacher, he's annoying to say the least. To be completely, totally, honest, he's annoying, unapproachable, rude, and harsh. That's why I plan to pass his class with flying colors. Nothing shuts up an arrogant adult than facts. Anyway, here I am standing by his desk waiting to get chewed out. Once there is no one else in the class he sits down and sighs. I see a bottle of pills by his water bottle. I wonder what that's for.

"Vivian, I called you to see me after class because you're falling behind. You're the best writer in this class and I can't afford to lose an amazing writer."

was that a compliment?

"Thank you, Mr. Lacy."

"Now, the grades are due soon and I would help you catch up, but I am very busy as of late. I find that it's mandatory for you to find someone to help you catch up, so I took the liberty of asking for you."

Just then I hear a knock on the door. 

"Come in. You're just in time Mr. Carson."

Mr. Carson? There aren't any teachers named Mr. Carson here. 'Mr. Carson' walks in and he's not a teacher. He's a student. He walks until he's standing to my side. He's tall, even though I'm below average height (5') he's very tall. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. His hair is pulled back into a half-up half-down do. It suits him. He's wearing black hoodie with matching sweatpants. His grey bookbag has a cute cat charm on it.

"Hey." Carson, says. He attempts at a smile, but he looks so tired. He sounds tired too.

"Hi."

"I don't know when you two would like to begin but this room is free for the lunch period."

I almost forgot that Mr. Lacy was here.

"Sure." Carson says.

"I'm going to go make some copies. I trust you two will do the right thing?"

"Yes sir." we both reply.

I've decided on a name for Carson. Sleepy. I won't call him that out loud but that's his name in my head now. We sit down towards the front of the room. Sleepy runs his hands down his face and breathes sharply. Typical response to being paired to work with me. 

"We don't have to do this. I can just work by myself if you'd rather-"

"No. No. I'm sorry, I'm just a little tired today."

Oh. Okay.

"What's your name?" he asks.

"Viv. What's yours Mr. Carson?" I tease.

He chuckles a little and smiles. His eyes crinkle when he smiles. It's nice. What?

"Rome." He grabs a notebook and rolls his sleeves up. There's a silver watch on his wrist. He's the kind of guy I've only ever read about. 

"Okay, so you missed all of last week, right?"

"Yeah."

"So, you missed the field trip too?"

"Yep." I wish I could've gone.

"So, I have to take you on the trip too. It was really interesting, you'll see." he writes in his notebook. A to-do list?

He's taking me. On the trip I missed, on his own time.

"Okay."

He continues writing and telling me the plan during our first study session. We exchange numbers and we go our separate ways once the bell rings. It's kind of embarrassing how he's the only number in my phone other than my parents. Next period is P.E. 

I love P.E. so much (I'd rather be on my period.) Today were playing volleyball. At least I'm good at this sport. After we change in the lockers we go outside. My P.E. teacher loves to push us to our limits, so she takes us to go cook in the sun. While we're walking, I hear some boys screaming and then the girls scatter while screeching. I stop to look around and then I feel a sharp pain on the left side of my head. Everything goes dark.