Make it right

"Never trust a bunny! Those were the words your nephew said and they were true!"

"Snake."

"Don't deny it first Marmalade, then Boingo, and now Judy Hopps has made the list."

W: "At least we didn't get framed this time."

Diane: "No, but Lionheart is locked up and we all knew the truth."

Shark: "Maybe we should have come clean."

Snake: "I don't think they are willing to listen to us since we're a possible case."

"Even when the fact of this being a disease is out there others are still in fear and now it's spreading outside of Zootopia."

Wolf sees Diane leave the room and Follows her. "Diane, are you okay?"

"I knew she had it." Wolf gains a perplexed look. "The Maze. I can identify all types. I didn't care though cause I could swipe it before she could. But I didn't."

"She wasn't afraid of you or us."

"But she was of Nick after all they went through she-" Diane trembles, "I wanted to protect him not her."

"I know but I think he needs to hear it from someone else maybe someone he could relate to more than a law-bidding politician." Diane looks at a case and sees where he's going with this.

———————

Nick is sitting on a chair with shades on, "go away, Diane." he says without looking.

"You always could sense when I was home," she said as she sat next to him. "Until you weren't."

"Nicky when I left I wanted to stay but I couldn't because-"

"I know Zootopia sucks and your little cousin would just slow you down."

"No, because I didn't want to drag you down with me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Remember the story about Marmalade and the Crimson Paw."

"Yeah that was when the great Governer reformed five-" he sees her in her Crimson Paw gear.

"You weren't the only crook in the family." she removes her Hood. "The only ones who knew were Bigs and-"

"Mom. That's why you two argued all the time." she nodded. "I had a choice to stop or leave. We all know how that played out."

"You left and then you did stop." She nodded, "But I couldn't face everyone until I stopped seeing what they claimed to see and saw Diane, a rabble-rouser, a protective sister, a- "

"Friend." Nick finished for her. "I'm sorry it took me so long to find her."

"You know I was curious why the Paw would break the Guys out if he put them there in the first place."

"Lucky for me neither did the cops."

"Well well looks like Lionheart wasn't the only politician with something to hide."

"Funny you mention him. Nicky, you remember the Goodie Bandit case?"

"Oh yeah, I read the one by Bigby Wolf and Twitchy. Too bad I didn't heed the lesson Never trust a bunny!"