Diane and Nick's past.

"Hopps, anything to report?"

The ZPD was up on the sky tram, and the bad guys and Diane were in the car, covered in blankets to dry themselves from the rain but Mr. Manchas was gone.

"I thought this was just a missing mammal case, but it's way bigger. Our first lead was Mr. Otterton but he didn't just disappear. I believe he, and this jaguar, they... they went savage, sir."

"What are you talking about, Hopps? Animals don't go savage anymore, this isn't the stone age,"  Bogo boomed, chuckling at Judy's accusation.

"I thought so too," Judy says, "but then Machas..." Then the chief sees the bad guys we're being questioned by a chief hippo.

"I sent you to find a missing mammal. Now I got another missing mammal, and you brought the bad guys and the Governer into this mess what were you thinking?"

Wolf then sees Judy was in trouble and after she helped save him, he and Diane go to help her.

"Well," Judy shudders, "Actually sir-"

"We were assisting her," Wolf interrupted.

"Governor Foxington what are you doing here?"

"Well I could ask myself the same question," she glanced at Nick and he smiles nervously.

"But you know us, we're helpers, we help people!" said Wolf.

Then Webs crawled on his shoulders, "and a Jaguar did go savage look!" She pulls out her phone and shows Bogo the video of Manchas attacking Wolf and Nick.

"Whoa," The chief said, "I know, and a minute before that he told us about how Otterton went savage on him before he disappeared so it could be a virus?"

"Well I better go sent an apb alert to keep a watch out for a savage and possibly contagious Jaguar," Bogo says.

"You do that chief, we'll be continuing this case with Officer Hopps and my brother," Diane says to the police making Nick smile at her.

"You know you should give her a break," Webs said and Nick added. "You gave a new officer a case to solve in only 48 hours which none of your officers has solved in weeks. With only a folder, a clown vest of a uniform, and a three-wheeled joke mobile."

"Which is a shame since I heard how ZPD at least looked after their own, but I guess that's changed," Diane says to Chief Bogo who looks slightly ashamed along with the others.

"So here's the thing, chief, Judy made a promise to Otterton's family to find him, and that is exactly what we're gonna do while you search for our Jaguar and call this number," hands him Flippers' number. "So, if you'll excuse us, we have a very big lead to follow, and a case to crack, come on Nick," Diane says as they enter a chart.

But Nick stops and goes to the cart with Judy, Webs, and Snake. Leaving Diane with Wolf, Shark, and Piranha.

They move off, Judy still looking back at the officers. "So any ideas on why he's so distant with his sister?" she asks quietly to the snake and spider.

They shook their heads no and even if they did it was not their place, "I think he might need someone who's not connected to his sister right now." Webs suggested.

Judy turns forward and sighs. She looks over at Nick and sees him focused ahead, his mind somewhere else.

She leans on the railing next to him, "Thank you."

"Never let 'em see that they get to you."

"So... things do get to you?"

"Oh, I mean, not anymore, but I was small and emotionally unbalanced like you once."