Family

Diane's Pov

It's been weeks since the goodie bandit case. Months since I become one of the guys. They have come so far in their journeys. And so have I. All of us are working for an agency that helps all creatures no matter who or what they are receive Happy endings. Wolf got to reconnect with his nephew and make up with him along with the rest of the gang. It's been great having adventures pulling heists and solving Mysteries. Only now we're not doing it for ourselves were doing it to help people. I gotta say feels good to use my skills again. I'm still the governor its just sometimes I get that urged to let loose and feel that rush again. And I'm not alone anymore I have friends. 

Wolf comes up with a cup of coffee for Diane, "Hey you what you up too?" he asked giving her the cup with a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh not much just some reports to fill out. You know Governver stuff,"

"Didn't Flippers offer to have someone cover that for you?"

"He did and their a great time saver. But this requires a more Diane Foxington feel to it know what I mean," She said taking a sip and finishing her report. "So how is Bigby?"

"Great. You should have seen him and Red today they were so in sync it was unbelievable-" as he continues.

Wolf and Bigby have really gotten close after not seeing each other for so long. It's nice to see Moe so proud of his nephew. I learned a lot about him and the Guys when I first heard of Bigby. They cared so much for him. Good to know they weren't complete dirtbags back then. Although looking back they were more juvenile than evil. I'm glad they got this second chance and are really using it Webs and Snake are enjoying the praise for their work. Shark is enjoying the advanced tech for disguises. Piranha even gets to use his singing skills. and He is really good I'm surprised he wasn't the bad boy of a boy band he would have been a hit. Oh well. Anyway it was nice to meet more people who didn't judge us for our nature and understood where we came from. 

"Ramona would be so proud," Wolf said with a sad smile. I grabbed his hand in comfort as I cupped his cheek.

"I can't imagine what it's like to lose someone so important as her. But I know that she would be proud of both of you"

"But I-"

"From the stories you told me she always stood by your side no matter what. She would happy to know to you made a pack for yourself and reunited with Bigby,"

"Thanks, now if only I knew where Pam was so I could give her a piece of my mind," Wolf said remembering his reclusive in-law.

Oh, another thing I learned Bigby's mother Pamela Wolf (who's a human) has been absent from Bigby's life since he went to boarding school. Wolf tried to call her but nothing. Webs tried to track her down too but siltch. Bigby only communicates with her when she sends gifts and letters but none are traceable. Reminds me of when I left home.

"Hey Fox, is everything alright?" he asked noticing his girlfriends far off look.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just lost in my thoughts," 

"What about?" he asked.

"After everything that happened with Bigby and Red, it's made me think about my own family,"

"oh?"

"Before I became the Crimson Paw I had a family. I had a mom, a dad, and a little brother," I listed, "When I left it wasn't on the best of terms, I was so mad I just couldn't conform like they wanted," 

"Conform?"

"My hometown was not exactly welcoming to predators," I said remembering those animals that hurt my little brother, "Anyway I burned a lot of bridges when I left. Even with my brother and we were so close,"

"So, you planning to go see him?"

"Maybe? If he still lives there? I do want to make things right with my family but if they don't want me there?"
"Hey, you were there for me and the guys when we had doubts. Now it's our turn to be there for you," he said and I hugged him in thanks.

"Okay, I'll schedule a time for us to travel there hopefully we won't be needed for anything big"
"Actually you might want to hold that thought," said Flippers, following him were the rest of the Guys. Except for Bigby, Red, Twitchy, Granny, Peter, and Ash. "Something just came up,"

Third POV

"Mr. Flippers, I know that there are a lot of cases to solve but after it's done I still plan to visit my brother I haven't seen him in years," Stated Diane.

"I understand Governor. In fact, you'll be getting your wish sooner than you think," Flippers said.

"How so?" asked Webs.

"This next assignment takes place in Zootopia," he said showing the mission details on the big screen. 

"That's where I used to live"

"Indeed, and now you'll be going back as Governor Foxington to discuss with the mayor about the missing mammals,"

"No offense sir, but isn't missing animals more the ZPD's jurisdiction,"

"It is however they have been hitting a lot of dead ends and I think we may know why?"

"How does the mayor fit into all this?"

"He was the one that brought it to our attention. He believes that someone is conspiring against him,"

"Conspiring what?"

"As you can see the missing animals have one common factor they're all predators, and so is our Mayor Lionheart," Flippers shows the animals and a picture of Mayor Lionheart.

"So, whoever is behind this has a grudge against Predators?"

"Could be? Remember not everything is what it seems. So keep your eyes peeled. You never know who could be pulling the strings,"

"Well, if it is someone against predators that could be any prey or human! How would we even narrow it down?" asked Piranha.

"Not to worry we need to look for someone with the means, motive, and opportunity. Before Bigby went on assignment with Red he made a list of possible suspects," Flippers sends each member a list in their communication watches. As they each see the list they see predators, prey, and human suspects.

"Long list, is that a sheep?" asked Snake.

"Yes, he wanted to leave no stone unturned remember in Zootopia anyone can be anything. Keep a low profile we wouldn't want to tip anyone off,"

"Alright, we're on it," Wolf said and the others received all the documents they need to go through the city without any hassle. They went to go get ready but Flippers stopped Diane.

"Oh, Ms. Foxington I have something else for you,"

"What is it?"

"I took the liberty of looking your brother Nicholas Wilde up. He is living in Zootopia he doing fine but I feel you should know he is a conman,"

"Oh no," Diane sighed rubbing her head in frustration.

"Yes, quite a shame. Can't say I blame him though," he said noticing Diane giving him a strange look, "We also read the report on the scout incident, I'm sorry no child should be put through that,"

"It shouldn't have happened at all, we never gave anyone a reason to distrust us," she said so angry at that day. "Wait why were you looking at his profile you don't think?"

"He is not a person of interest I can assure that. Bigby got information from him. He might be of some help in searching the city maybe even a new recruit if he wants," said Flippers.

"Family is important, and right now I think both of you need this to help each other,"

"Thank you, Nicky," said Diane as she ran off to join the others.

As she left Nicky looked over the files, "What are you scared of mayor and why are you trying so hard to hide it?"