Once again, we thank you for loving our daughter and being a good friend to her.

She has always been an excellent judge of character.

You are an outstanding man, Austin.

Signed,
Amadeus and Diana Randolph.'

Austin eyed Anastasia, whose beautiful eyes were narrowed in amazement.

He was sure that he looked the same.

He lifted the back fold of the letter and found two checks, just as they'd written.

"My Lord,"

He'd never seen six zeros in real life.

"Chère," He murmured and handed it to her.

The other had the same amount.

"You know what this means?"

She shook her head, still in awe of her parent's sudden change of heart and generosity.

It was the Lord's work.

"We can get a house, we can get a house, and it'll be ours to live in, and grow our family in," Austin couldn't believe it.

It was a dream of his to have a home.

Something that was his. Something safe. Something where love could be fostered.

And while he was okay with living in Anastasia's house, God knew that he wanted a place they could turn into a home.

Roots.

He wanted to have roots with Anastasia.

"Oh, what a wonderful gift," Anastasia kissed his cheek. "And we could have it just in time for your birthday, or maybe even Christmas,"

This was exciting.

A true blessing.

Austin sighed and placed the checks on the coffee table.

He shook his head.

"Two million dollars," He chuckled softly and twirled Anastasia's locs on his finger. "Well, ain't it good that my tux wasn't a rental?" He asked, making her gasp.

He was always true to Austin.

-

Four Months Later

"Aww, Austin, you really didn't have to do this," Anastasia was currently being overwhelmed with birthday love from her sweet friend.

She was twenty-three today.

Twenty-three and very excited.

Austin had taken her across the city to have a scavenger hunt in a sort.

He was Pirate Landry today, as he introduced himself when he drove her to their first destination.

Why?

She wasn't really sure, but it was cute.

He even spoke like a pirate.

He made her the happiest woman ever.

"Now, ma chère, Pirate Landry aren't done with ye yet. Ye've got one more stop before the end, dearie,"

She giggled at his weird verbiage, which was so cute.

"Alright, Pirate Landry. Onward,"

Austin winked at her and took her hand. "Ice cream," He murmured while wiggling his brows.