Chapter 61

Just when they started getting used to the joys of Elliot's retirement things took a drastic left turn. He had only been gone for a couple months when he received a call from Ayanna asking where he was. He advised he was at the station picking up Liv and Ayanna demanded that he get Olivia and meet her at the squad room.

It had completely thrown him from a loop. He was standing on the elevator trying to wrap his head around what she was saying when the elevator dinged and he stepped off. "What are you talking about Sarge. What's going on?" He hears a sigh on the other end of the line. "Elliot I don't have time to explain right now just come."

He looked at his phone to see what time it was, "Sarge we gotta pick up Noah in 30 minutes. I guess we'll stop by after that." Ayanna exhaled heavily. "I'll send a squad car to get him." She hung up without another word and Elliot made his way to Liv's office to advise that they apparently had to go to OC for something.

She was noticeably uneasy about Noah being picked up by a squad car but didn't argue and they made their way across town. They pulled up and quickly headed inside to figure out what was going on. "Care to fill us in on what the hell's going on?" Stabler asked as he walked into the room and looked at Reyes and Jet. The two of them exchanged an uneasy look, hesitant to answer.

"What's going on?" Elliot repeated and Amaro stepped from around a corner still wearing an ugly orange jumpsuit. "Oscar Papa escaped." Elliot and Olivia quickly look at each other before looking back at Amaro. "What the hell are you talking about?" Elliot asserted. "He escaped. I just got here. Sarge pulled me out as soon as it happened."

Elliot shakes his head in disbelief and sighs. "So why are we here?" Olivia asked and Ayanna appeared from around the corner. "I wanted you here." They turn to look at her standing near her office. Elliot thinks about how he had turned in his gun and badge in the office behind her, willingly, for the last time.

"Amaro, tell him what you heard after Oscar Papa escaped." He swallows and looks at Liv and Elliot who are eagerly and is intensely focused on him. "I heard Oscar Papa's second in command say that someone named Wheatley helped him escape."

Elliot and Olivia's eyes dart to each others before landing on Ayannas. "That's why you're here." They both swallow hard as the reality of the situation begins to set in. "Anyone care to fill me in on what's going on?" Amaro asks stepping closer to everyone. There's a silence before anyone finally answers him. "Oscar Papa took out a hit on Olivia before he was locked up," Jet started "And Wheatley has strong ties to the mafia and took out a hit on my wife and has a vendetta against me."

Amaro nods. "So why do you seem so shocked then?" He tilts his head and raises his eyebrows in confusion. "He was supposed to be dead." Ayanna informed him making her way down the steps towards the table in the center of the room. "Why would Wheatley team up with Oscar Papa if he only has a problem with Elliot?" Amaro asks and the second he does it starts to hit him.

"Great so she's in danger because of you." Amaro shakes his head in anger. "Amaro." Olivia confronted him and he threw his hands in the air and walked further away, keeping his back towards everyone. "Oscar Papa was out to get Olivia anyways, with him out she was already in danger, even if Wheatley wasn't involved." Ayanna pointed out and Reyes elaborated. "This is dangerous territory. They're both very powerful very pissed off men who both have motive to hurt Elliot and Olivia."

Amaro is confused again. "Why would Oscar Papa want to hurt Elliot?" He asked. Not truly caring if he did get hurt but out of pure curiosity. "I grabbed him up and threatened him for coming after Liv and Noah." He hesitantly admits. The only one who seemed surprised was Amaro.

Maybe he's not as big of a piece of shit as I thought. Amaro thought to himself.

"So let me get this straight, Wheatley is some sort of deranged lunatic mob boss who hates Stabler and wouldn't hesitate to hurt those close to Stabler just to hurt him, and Oscar Papa has a history of trying to come after Olivia and now hates Stabler too because Stabler defended Olivia."