Chapter 58

The next important thing that happened in the 3 months since their return from Rome was their camping trip. Olivia was beginning to feel like she might be better off permanently putting Fin as Captain with how much work she had been missing lately but the truth was she still couldn't feel bad for it.

Noah was her life and he would only be little for so long. Before she knew it he'd be heading off to college and buying a house and getting married so she was going to enjoy every little memory she could make with him, and now that Elliot was in the picture? The 3 of them couldn't get enough of each other. They always wanted to be together.

She felt like she finally had the opportunity to live that picture perfect life she used to dream of, a man to call her own, her amazing son. It was everything she ever could have wanted. She was quickly burning through her vacation time but it was towards the end of summer so they wouldn't be able to go do much soon anyways.

When they arrived at the campgrounds Noah was just bubbling with joy and excitement. When they finally made their way to their plot Elliot began trying to find the flattest area to pitch the tent. Him and Olivia had had a disagreement about whether to use a tent or an RV or pop up camper.

---

"I'll go to the store and get the tent if you can make the reserva-" Olivia interrupted before he could finish. "Tent?" She asked eyes widening in surprise. "Yeah. Tent. Ya know. Camping. That's the thing you sleep in." He bites off sarcastically. "I don't remember agreeing to that."

He made his way around the island to her side. "Well what would you suggest an RV or a pop up camper?" He laughed at the idea. "Yeah." She replied with the most serious tone and facial expression. "That's hardly camping Liv." He placed a hand on her hip as she continued making the 3 of them lunch. "Well I'm not sleeping on the ground." She insisted, slicing Noah's sandwich in half.

"What am I supposed to tell Noah. I promised him camping. Real camping?" His eyebrows raise involuntarily and she chuckles. "I'm not sure but I'm not sleeping on the ground. We're too old for that." She added as she placed Noah's sandwich on a plate and poured him a cup of juice. "What if I got us an air mattress?" She rolled her eyes. 'An air mattress?" Her voice sounds unamused and unconvinced by the idea. "Yeah, It's just for a few days." He takes a bite of his sandwich and sets it back on the plate.

"I'll get an extra large tent. One that has the extra space just for the mattress. Noah can make a spot on the floor next to us." He elaborates trying to convince her.

She rolls her eyes again and inevitably smiles and he knows he's got her. Sucker. He thinks to himself. Before she can even say anything she knows that he knows shes going to submit when he smiles and wraps his arms around her waist planting a kiss on her cheek through a smile.

"It'll be great. Noah will love it." Elliot adds to soften her to the idea. "Fine." She replies as she walks away and he can't help but stare at her ass as she makes her way to the table. He was in love with that woman, they had such a soft spot for each other and often found themselves in scenarios where they couldn't resist each other's smiles and charming demeanor.

---

Elliot places some lawn chairs in the grass for Liv and Noah to sit while he begins building the tent but no more than 10 minutes pass and Noah's helping him. Olivia laughs as they struggle to get all the rods in the right places so that the tent stands up straight.

"Amateurs." She mutters and stands to help them too. She had never built a tent either but surely a woman's touch would do the trick. When they finally got it set up Elliot began blowing up the air mattress. He had gotten this one specifically because it came equipped with an electric pump that you could attach the cigarette lighter in the car, and he wanted nothing to do with a manual pump. Once he got it blown up he rolled up the cord and tucked it in its compartment and carried the mattress to the tent.