Anamaria unsheathed Fang once more and waited. Shanks also took off his dark cloak letting her see that he indeed was missing an arm, but the fact that he was so strong with only one made him seem even more dangerous to her.

Ж

Shanks wanted to try something and, while making sure that the villagers and Makimo were hiding safely inside their homes, he released his Conqueror's Haki. He watched the man behind her stumble a bit before regaining his footing but was pleasantly surprised to see that the Sparrow herself barely reacted to it despite a short flinch of surprise at the beginning.

"Well that's a nice surprise" he said with his usual smile before it turned sharp and he brought up his blade "Are you ready?"

He saw her nod calmly now and he stared at the thick liquid coming down the blade, his eyes widening when he saw the ground where it touched hiss and leave a deep hole there.

He crossed eyes with her again, sensing that she would be an interesting opponent to fight.

Ж

Anamaria and Shanks stood there, blades at the ready, in an eerie silence broken only by the distant sounds of the village. The tension in the air was palpable as they stared each other down, the crew of the red haired captain and the other two (Sable and Ace) waiting to see what was going to happen.

Without warning, Shanks made the first move, his sword Gryphon glinting in the dim light. His swift and precise strikes sent shockwaves through the ground, creating waves of destruction with each swing.

Anamaria met his blows with her own cutlass, her movements fluid and well-practiced. She was no stranger to combat, and she could see the experience in Shanks' every move that was making her nervous.

Anamaria's eyes never left Shanks as she tried to anticipate his next attack. She knew she couldn't afford any mistakes, not against a pirate of his calibre. Shanks, on the other hand, was genuinely impressed by Anamaria's skills.

She was proving herself to be a worthy opponent as she managed to somewhat keep up with him. The village's inhabitants were peeking from behind their doors and windows, not believing their luck that they weren't being attacked.

The fight continued with neither giving an inch. Anamaria used her water manipulation skills to create a watery barrier, effectively blocking one of Shanks' powerful strikes and surprising the man who had forgotten she could do that.

The water splashed and hissed as it absorbed the impact, allowing her a moment of respite. She retaliated by sending a cascade of water towards Shanks, but he effortlessly dodged the attack.

The clash of their swords echoed through the village, and their movements were a blur of precision and power. Anamaria's agility and water manipulation skills provided her with a unique advantage, but Shanks' experience and mastery of Haki made him a formidable adversary.

In certain moments the woman was taken back when he randomly decided to use a burst of his Conqueror's Haki to distract her. But to her credit she managed to regain her senses every time.

Shanks was thoroughly enjoying the challenge. He could sense the potential in the woman, and he pushed himself to test her limits. Their battle held the attention of the Red-Haired Pirates, who watched with bated breath as their captain duelled with the newbie pirate known as 'The Sparrow.'

Ben looked to the woman's partner who appeared calmer than they themselves were when they watched the woman created dozens of little daggers that turned to ice and scratched Shanks in several places.

After an intense exchange of blows, Shanks took a step back and sheathed his sword. Anamaria followed suit, her chest heaving with exhaustion but her eyebrows furrowed. A little more and he would have had her on her knees (not like that 😏).