"I'm fine, Jungkook." she tried to reassure me, but I wouldn't buy it.

"You didn't just fall down the stairs, Reva, you blacked out. That's a lot." I warned with my eyebrows raised.

"But—"

"No buts."

She huffed but settled against the pillow behind her back. When she looked up at me, she seemed comfortable, and though in pain, a little relieved too. As if she was glad I was here.

Then she smirked, looking down at her lying form. "Not quite where you wanted me, huh?"

I dipped my head, shaking it as I couldn't fight the smile thinking about what I had told her during lunch. Why was she like this? "I will get you there eventually. First, we got to heal you."

"What about work?"

"Yoongi will be okay without me," I  said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm not going anywhere."

─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────

Two days later, I was driving home back from work. A company we worked with was celebrating its fiftieth anniversary and as usual, only the most important people in the world of wealth would be attending.

My father was on a trip that I hadn't joined because there was no need and Yoongi hated gatherings like that, so he had come up with a good excuse not to attend.

I walked into the bedroom and saw Reva, who was wincing and almost doubled over. I rushed to her side and secured her with a firm grip. "What are you doing?" I asked confused, looking down at her high heels.

"Testing to see if I can walk in them. Apparently not. Oh my God—" she gasped the last words as I swung her up into my arms and carried her over to the bed. I took her high heels back off.

"I told them you couldn't come today. There's no way you're wearing these." I shoved the ridiculous shoes in front of her face and she snatched them away.

"I can wear flats," she suggested.

"You'd still have to stand all evening. I don't think you can do that." I stated, gently taking her ankle in my hand. I watched the bruised skin and shook my head firmly. Her ribs didn't look any better. And she had tried to persuade me that it hadn't been that bad. "Yeah. There's no way."

"But you can't not go." she countered.

"I know. You'll have to do without me for a few hours." I smirked mischievously. I'd already accepted the invitation and not going wouldn't fit in with my reputation.

Reva rolled her eyes, grabbing a pillow and throwing it at me, which I caught with ease. "Oh, get over yourself."

"I'd be chasing you with that pillow right now if your ankle wasn't fucked up." I laughed, setting the pillow back down.

Then I made my way to the walk-in closet and carried on the conversation with Reva, even if we had to talk a little louder to hear the other. I decided on a black suit, really the only chic thing that didn't look too ostentatious, and fastened my cufflinks.

I knew Reva loved it when I did it in front of her, but I didn't have time to do anything right now in case she looked at me with those fiery gray eyes. Stepping out, I spritzed on my cologne and said goodbye to Reva, who was making herself a cozy Friday night on the bed.

"Are you leaving?" I heard my mother's voice as I walked through the entrance hall to the front door.

I turned to answer her. "Yes. Did you need something?"