༺ 29 ༻

Heba held up a dress so that I could no longer see her

Heba held up a dress so that I could no longer see her. "How about this blue one?" she asked, sticking her head out from the side.

It was beautiful.

The thin straps of tiny sparkling stones would accentuate my collarbones, I imagined. It flowed down to the floor and the fabric... the fabric was what won me over already without having even tried it on.

"Wow." I commented and Heba nodded her head eagerly as if we agreed on that little word. "I need to try it on."

"Here." she handed me the dress and continued to search through the rails of dresses.

When she had contacted me last night, I had been confused at first. Not in a bad way, but I hadn't expected her to ask me if I fancied a bit of shopping.

I had only met Heba a couple of times, but each time I had had a good time and interesting conversations with her and her husband Abbas. Both were very sincere and warm-hearted people, so I had agreed to meet up with her without hesitation.

Needing a dress for the event this weekend, the shopping trip had been an excellent idea for me anyway. And I had to admit that I needed to get out of the house more often. It was nice to meet up with a friend.

I had forgotten what that was like. After all the betrayal I'd suffered in the past from my so-called best friend, it was safe to say I was traumatized. I hadn't trusted anyone as a friend after that, but Heba didn't seem like one of those women.

She was about eight years older than me, and besides, you didn't do stupid things like you used to do in college at that age. Maybe my ex-best friend had grown out of that stage too, and maybe she regretted her decisions a little.

Anyway, it was refreshing to see different faces and get to know different worlds. Abbas and Heba were so much more different than Jungkook and I, but we hit it off the same way.

"Should we get lunch and then continue shopping?" she asked after I tried on the blue dress and decided to buy it.

I checked my watch. "Oh, are you hungry already?" I asked, realizing that our late breakfast, which could actually be called brunch, was about two hours ago.

Heba pressed her lips together. "Aren't you?" she asked, sounding so innocent it was endearing. And she looked almost embarrassed.

I felt bad. "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound judgmental. We had breakfast two hours ago, so I didn't even think about it."

Heba shook her head. "No, don't worry about it. I guess I still can't tell if I'm hungry or just craving certain things. I was thinking about creamy pasta. That little one increases my appetite. And my aggression."

She laughed at her own words, but I stopped in my tracks as we walked to the next store. My eyes were wide and Heba laughed even harder now when she noticed my shocked expression.