༺ 6 ༻

Reva

Reva

I woke up with a headache and a stiff neck after sleeping poorly through the night. I didn't know if it was because of the full moon or due to the many things going on in my life, but I had been consistently waking up every few hours.

After eating something small, I popped two pain pills in my mouth and swallowed them down with plenty of water. It was Friday and an event was scheduled for tonight that I had to attend. With my future husband, of course.

I had nothing else planned for the whole day, so I spent the few hours I had until I had to get ready taking an hour-long nap to hopefully help the headache pass.

The last time I had seen Jungkook was when we had met for brunch at Sebastian's, which was about a month ago. He had been texting me for the past few weeks with details about our wedding, which I acknowledged with short answers.

I knew that the response regarding the brunch invitation - which wasn't really an invitation, but a request - was petty and uncooperative. I didn't really want to text him back, because surely he would have known either way that I was coming.

My father and I had had an argument that night and his message came in meanwhile. Being angry already, his bossy manner pissed me off even more and so I had typed those words with aggression while my father yelled at me in the meantime.

Did I regret my answer? No, of course, I didn't. He had to know that he couldn't order me to where he wanted me to be at any given moment. Also, I wanted him to know that he couldn't tell me what to do. No one had that privilege over another person.

The reason for the argument with my father was that I had discovered, in his office, new documents related to a loan worth two million dollars. Wanting him to explain, he had taken a defensive demeanor when I had told him that he had to let go at this point. That all this debt was doing no one any good except causing more damage.

He had practically exploded all over the house telling me not to tell him what to do. Maybe I had inherited that attitude from him.

Well, we were over most of it now. He had apologized a few days after for yelling and blaming me in such an unfair way because it was all his fault in the first place. Now we talked normally, but the tension would not vanish as quickly as I anticipated.

He had even reacted relatively calmly to the prenuptial agreement I had put on the desk in front of him so he could look over it and make sure all the demands were reasonable. Family law was not his area of expertise, but he certainly knew more than I did about what needed consideration.

I had chosen to ignore his head shaking and sighing because I had known exactly what demand he was reading through at that moment. The Jeons wanted to see my signature confirming that they were entitled to twenty million dollars in case of a divorce before the five years mark was reached.