༺ 22 ༻

I stirred, slowly awakening from my sleep

I stirred, slowly awakening from my sleep. Or rather being awakened, because of a constant vibration that seemed to tear my head to pieces. It was like a constant buzzing in the back of my skull that finally forced me to open my eyes.

I was greeted by an unfamiliar room that, with its gold and red accents, was the complete opposite of the bedroom with light-colored furniture and a dark green wall that I had decided to paint on a random evening. It took me a few seconds to snap out of the fog of my sleep and remember where I was.

Wiping the blurry vision from my eyes with my hand, I leaned up on my elbow and that was when I felt the pain in my neck. "Oww." I sighed, rubbing the sore spot.

Glancing over my shoulder, I spotted Jungkook sprawled out on the other side of the bed, the comforter only reaching his navel. His arms were tucked beneath the pillow and his hair lay wildly around his head. A stark contrast to the Jungkook I used to see so put together during the day.

The vibrating sounded again and searching for the source, I finally found my phone, which I had plugged in before going to bed as I now remembered. I must have left it charging all night and now the device was literally screaming for me with an incoming call.

I almost fell out of bed, realizing how close to the edge I must have slept all night. At least I didn't come in contact with Jungkook in this small space, as my neck pain indicated as well.

The call went to waste again, as I missed it by a few seconds. I reached for the phone and found 15 missed calls and 23 unread messages and all of them were from Rai. Cursing under my breath, the feeling of worry washed over me and I grabbed something in a hurry, pulling it over my half-naked body.

It turned out to be Jungkook's dress shirt and the perfume branded into the soft fabric enveloped me as I stepped out onto the balcony with the phone in my hand. Inwardly berating myself for why I had been so careless last night, I waited for Rai to answer the call.

After two rings, I heard his voice on the other side of the line. "Hello, Reva?"

"Rai." there was relief in my voice as his name flowed from my mouth. "Is everything okay?"

"That's a question I should be asking you! I've called you like a thousand times." he sighed, also sounding reassured, but still his voice was laced with grumbling. "Where have you been?"

"I'm at a hotel with Jungkook," I replied, looking over my shoulder through the window. Jungkook was still asleep. "We left last night because I wasn't feeling well."

I felt terrible for the lie that exited my lips without an ounce of difficulty, but I couldn't tell Rai with ease that Jungkook and I had left to fuck. It wasn't like Rai and I didn't share a lot of things, but I still couldn't tell him that.