༺ 21 ༻

Reva

Reva

The car had been quiet the whole ride to the hotel that Jungkook had suggested. And the elevator ride up was just as silent after we booked a suite for the night at the front desk.

Though both of us were pressed against opposite sides of the elevator, I felt the heaviness of his gaze burning into my skin. I didn't know what it was that drew me closer to him tonight, but that pull had been strong since this morning.

Maybe it had been the very vivid dream that left me hot and bothered, so I had needed a long shower. Maybe it had been the sight of him getting ready for the event that hadn't helped any better.

Rough hands working on the buttons of his shirt. Buckling his belt. Fixing his cufflinks.

I was not a woman to be seduced by looks alone, but it was too late to deny that some attraction came from his masculine appearance. I had known Jungkook for years, been sharing a room with him for almost a year now, so it was probably safe to say that it wasn't his personality that I was attracted to.

But his fiery eyes, warm hands on my body, and deep whispers in my ear would do more than enough. I didn't hope for much, because it was better to jump into the dark with no expectations than to set them too high and be disappointed.

I wasn't stupid to think that this night would be anything more than a release for our pent-up sexual frustration, but neither he nor I wanted more than that, which made everything easier.

Maybe it was still stupid of us to give in to temptation and perhaps it would backfire, but we didn't seem to care. Not when his eyes darkened as his gaze traveled to the slit in my dress. Not when he brushed a thumb across his bottom lip when our eyes met.

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open to reveal the empty hallway. Jungkook led the way and stopped at the door to our suite, sliding the card through the reader and finally pushing open the ivory door. I wasn't really impressed by the interior but the windows and the view that overlooked the city immediately caught my attention.

The city lights glowed through the floor-to-ceiling windows, creating something that reminded me of the starry sky that you couldn't always see due to light pollution. But then they dimmed as Jungkook turned on the bedroom light. He paused, staring at me as if trying to understand where I was looking before snapping out of it.

I stepped away from the window, properly looking at the man standing in front of me. The lines of his tuxedo were clean, sharp. I set my purse on the dresser to my left and stepped closer.

"So..." he began, voice hard and low. As dark as his eyes.

"So?" I questioned, tilting my head back which caused my eyes to fall hooded. "Do we need sex ed?"