My mystery man came up behind me, chuckling lowly. "It's fine," he said. "Is everything ready?"

"Yes, it's all set up and ready," she replied, making me wonder again about what we were doing.

"Alright." Damian kissed my temple, pulling my hair to my back as he whispered, "You look gorgeous, sweetheart, I can't wait to marry you."

He nodded at Elina before he left my side, walking casually out towards the edge of the rooftop, my eyes going wide as I realized what was waiting for me out there.

The garden was full of roses and hydrangeas as usual, and now also lupines, but I caught myself worrying about them taking over everything in the whole city if he kept planting them everywhere. The path Damian took was lit up, more lupines on the ground, making it look like a colorful carpet going down towards where he was standing. James stood there with a hand on his shoulder, grinning from ear to ear as he waved at Elina and me.

A few seconds later Michael walked up to them and pulled his son into a big hug. The space around them was lit up with more fairy lights and flowers, and another arch like the one by the elevator was placed in the center. Michael moved to stand in the middle of it, just as James and Damian both turned towards us.

Oh.

Oh.

"I'm getting married," I whispered as the realization hit me. "Right now."

"Yes," Elina replied, her smile so very audible.

She kissed my cheek lightly and started walking towards the boys, her long dress swishing with each step. I hadn't even noticed how beautiful she looked when I came out of the elevator, scared as hell that something had happened to the baby, but now that I had calmed down and my whole body found a new kind of calmness I hadn't had my whole life, I saw it.

And I saw how gorgeous my very soon-to-be husband looked in his black three piece, and how handsome James looked next to him. Michael smiled from ear to ear, his arms open and welcoming as Elina stepped up next to them, and I realized it was my turn to walk.

"May I?"

I jumped and turned my head, my eyes meeting with soft brown ones and curly hair, making me smile.

"Of course," I replied, my heart full from his question.

Billy held his arm out, ready for me to take it, and I did, feeling comfort in his presence as he slowly started walking me down the makeshift aisle.

"I know you probably dreamed of your dad doing this, but we're family now, and you're not getting rid of me, even if you're getting married and never have time for me anymore," he told me, his words making me smile even wider.

"You're the one with less time these days, all caught up with your new girlfriend," I teased.

"Shhh," he scolded me, "you'll spook her."

I chuckled at him, knowing she wasn't even there to hear me give her that label. I knew they'd been back and forth for a while, but I also knew they were kind of perfect for each other, so I decided to let it go. They'd figure it out one way or another.

Billy kissed my cheek as we reached the others, earning a dark sound from Damian's throat.

"Come on, man, I literally walked her down to marry you," Billy commented.

"But you dated her," Damian responded.

"Briefly," Billy snapped back, a slight smile playing on his lips.

"All right, then." Michael's voice boomed over all of us, his hands clapping together as if trying to get the show on the road. "We're gathered here today because my son couldn't wait another week to lock down Isabelle, and because he knew she originally wanted a small wedding with only the closest people in her life."

I gave my groom an incredulous look, knowing he wouldn't ever admit to saying that. He wanted me to be his wife the moment we got back together, but he wouldn't let me know he heard all my complaining the last few months. He just made it happen, and I was supposed to think it was the magic of our love that made me so happy—but it was always him.

"I still remember how happy Damian looked when he told me he'd met his wife, Isabelle, and it's very close to his face right now, actually." Michael grinned as he pushed his son's shoulder.

"Oh, get on with it, or I might push you over the edge," Damian threatened as he took a step closer to me and took my hands in his.

Michael laughed, making the three others do the same, as I stared into those bottomless eyes of my groom. They were my happy place, my home, and I wanted to always be close to them.

"I'm proud to be here today, and I know your mother would be too, Damian, and your parents, Isabelle. We're all proud and happy to witness the two of you finally becoming one," Michael continued, taking a deep breath. "So I ask, do you, Damian, take Isabelle to be your wife, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

Damian's eyes shone with the lights around us, my heart fluttering in my chest as tears stung behind my eyes.

"I never thought I'd find someone like you, who makes me whole, who challenges me and accepts me for everything I am, good and bad," Damian said. "I do."

Elina sobbed behind me, and I heard Billy chuckle and saw James checking if she was alright over Damian's shoulder, and it all made my tears spill over the edge. All of these people loved me, and wanted to be a part of my big day, but most of all this man in front of me who wanted to spend every second of every day for the rest of his life with me, no matter what. I'd never felt so blessed in my whole life.

"Do you, Isabelle, take my son to be your husband, in sickness and health, until death do you part?" Michael went on, his smile so big I saw it even though my focus was on Damian.

"As lucky as I am today, I think my life with you will feel even more lucky. You keep me on my toes, but you also keep me safe, and loved, and cherished. I'll be lost forever without you," I said, my throat closing up a few times while I did. "I do."

Our friends cheered, and Michael clapped loudly again, grinning from ear to ear as he stepped up to hug us both. "Welcome to the family, Isabelle. May he always drive you mad," he said, kissing my forehead.

"Fuck, can everyone but me stop kissing my wife?" Damian practically growled, pushing his dad away from us.

"I haven't done that," James chimed, walking up next to us.

"And you never will," Damian clipped, his eyes on mine as his finger clasped my chin, tipping it up. "I fucking love you, wife," he said to me, making everything else disappear around us.

"I love you too, husband," I replied, my stomach flipping around as it hit me. We were finally married; the way I always wanted it to be, with our friends and family with us and no one else.

The big celebration next week could blow up for all I cared, because Damian had already made me the happiest I could ever be, and I knew he would always strive to keep me that way.

And then he kissed me.

Everything else completely ceased to exist as his lips moved against mine, his arms went around my back, pulling me into his chest. I wrapped my own around his neck, smiling against his mouth as he spun me around. I didn't know how he did it, but it was all happening in slow motion, making it feel like it would never end.

I wished it wouldn't, because I'd just married the love of my life, the man of my dreams, and he would always make me feel safe, and he'd make damn sure we both stayed alive to make the rest of our dreams come true.