Chapter 2

I was beyond thankful that James and Elina weren't morning people. The ceremony was to start at four, dinner at seven and the party at nine. They wanted me there for all of those things, including the last preparations before it all started, so I was already on my way to the mansion at one.

My rusty heap of crap would probably not fit in at all with all the luxurious cars of their guests, so I decided I'd take a taxi with all my gear and my overnight bag. I wasn't wrong to do so. The lot in front of the mansion, and the whole driveway, was already filled with company cars, limos and other taxis. I wouldn't have known where to park if I drove on my own.

Perfectly content with my decision, I walked into the open house and towards the room James showed me the day before. It was labeled with my name and role for the wedding, and inside it was just as breathtaking as before. The windows were open, the blue drapes were flowing beautifully in the light breeze, matching the satin bedding on the sleek, dark bed. There was an en suite too, with black and gold marble on every surface—including the floor—and a big shower I sort of wanted to try immediately.

But I was on the clock.

My first mission was to hang my dress so it wouldn't wrinkle, and then I had to find Elina and her bridesmaids. It was easier said than done, even though James told me where they'd be. I passed maids and servants, living rooms and offices and bedrooms, staircases and elevators, until I finally found the room labeled "Bride" in a lovely cursive font. I knocked on the door, putting on my biggest smile, and waited for the door to open.

A lovely, petite woman opened up, and dragged me inside with much more force than I ever thought she could possess, and closed the door immediately. Then she turned to me and smiled from ear to ear. "You must be Isabelle! I'm so happy to finally meet you! Thank you so much for doing this on such short notice," she said, putting her arms around me in a crushing hug. Then she stepped back and I saw her blonde hair was done up in a lovely do, pins with jewels and beads everywhere, and realized she must be Elina.

"What a gorgeous bride!" I said, meaning it too. Her face was soft and flawless, with big, brown eyes and a lovely smile. "James is a very lucky man," I said and pulled up my camera.

I managed to snap a photo of her blushing, so pure and natural, and she waved me off embarrassingly, before pulling me further into the room. "This is Isabelle, the photographer, and these are my bridesmaids! It's Hennie, Ava and Nina. Nina is also my sister."

The three women looked equally gorgeous to the bride, lounging on the couches in there with champagne glasses and strawberries, dressed in black silk robes with golden trimmings. These girls were more luxurious than any hotel trip I'd ever been on.

They greeted me with smiles, except for Nina. The blonde looked more eager to kill me as she stood up and let her eyes roam over me.

"You have a dress, no? You're not embarrassing my sister on her wedding day," she said, lifting my loose summer top with two fingers, like she didn't really want to touch it.

Nice first impression, I thought, but said, "Of course, it's in my room. James told me all about the theme and said you wanted me in a black dress."

Elina clapped her hands excitedly, before perching on a stool in front of a huge ass mirror. It was a miracle I didn't notice it before. I positioned myself at an angle as Hennie and Ava began working on the bride's hair and makeup, so I could get a few shots of her pure, happy smile through the mirror. If possible, she looked even more naturally beautiful when her friends were finished with her makeup, and I stayed a few more minutes after her dress was on to get some more behind the scenes images. Then I excused myself to go get ready, and Elina insisted I come back so they could do my hair and makeup as well.