Chapter - 6

They were walking along the river side, a cool breeze blowing. And all the lights with the night sky were looking beautiful.

"This is so nice. I can spend hours just feeling the breeze on my face and enjoying the view." Bongsoo said.

"I actually do that sometimes. When I just feel like I want to be alone, I come here and feel the peace." Jin said and Bongsoo smiled.

"Mr. Kim, let's sit here. This is a very nice spot."

They sat there, enjoying the view.
No one was saying anything, the suddenly Jin started.

"I was merely 5-6 years old. Those first five years of my life, my life was perfect. Me, eomma and appa. We were living happily in our own world. I saw how much they loved each other. But then, one mistake changed everything. Appa had gone to an overseas trip from his company. And he had a drunk one night stand with a girl there. He didn't say anything when he returned. But then that girl came to Korea. And they started meeting again. One day, me and eomma were returning home after some shopping, and.. We caught them red handed. I was just 6 years old. I didn't even know at that time what they were doing. But seeing eomma crying so badly, it broke my heart.

After that day, eomma and appa fought every day. They never talked nicely to each other. And then appa became a hardcore alcoholic. He came home and every day raised his hands on eomma. He cursed her and hit her. I asked her why doesn't she leave him. She said she still loved him. I couldn't understand, how can she love him when he only gave her pain?

All this kept happening for some years. Then when I was 15, eomma died because of a disease, for which we didn't have money for her treatment. Actually, she didn't have the money. Appa had, but he didn't give her a single penny. After she died, my aunt took me in and I started living with Jungmi and Jungkook. But after 5 years of that, their parents also died in an accident and we three were left alone.

I still remember my eomma's beautiful smile from time to time. She deserved to keep smiling like that. But instead, she only got tears and pain. Why? Because she loved that demon. She trusted and loved that man with all her heart, but only received heartbreak in return. Since that day, my belief from love and trust completely went away. I can never trust anyone, let alone love them.."

All this time while talking, Jin had not looked towards Bongsoo even once.
He didn't know how he could face her after sharing all this. But after finishing, he heard soft sniffles beside him. He looked at her and was shocked to see she was crying.

"Ms. Lee, why are you crying..?" he asked worriedly.

"Nothing I just.. Got a little emotional.. Listening to you.."
"But how are you not crying? Usually people start crying when they're sharing such dark pasts"

"I've just gotten used to dealing with it."

"You know Mr. Kim.."

"Sorry to interrupt but I want to add something. Can you stop calling me Mr. Kim? It sounds like I'm sitting with one of my employees."

Bongsoo giggled.
"Then what should I call you? Seokjin-ssi?"

"Yeah that's much better."

"Then you also don't call me Ms. Lee. It sounds like I'm sitting with one of my students."

"Araso Bongsoo-ssi"

They both laughed.

"Seokjin-ssi, you are not only a really brave and strong person, but also a tender hearted one. I know you went through so much in your childhood, it's very natural you'll develop such a perspective on love. I'll not say things like 'everyone is not the same and you should give others a chance' , because I understand that only those who have gone through it knows how it feels. But I'm glad you're trying. Even though you said you can't let anyone in your life, you're trying to open up to me. That's a really good start."