16

Hana

I broke our promise.

I didn't know what else to do. I felt the need to justify my actions to Jun. Maybe because I really liked him and didn't want him to get any wrong idea but nevertheless it was shitty of me to do so.

Waiting outside after school was certainly not on my TO-DO LIST for today but Soonyoung said we were necessitated to act like a couple, now that everyone had been aware of their relationship

It was fucking awkward.

People were still doing their job meticulously to watch me with hawk eyes. I was even afraid to bat my eyes, scared that they'll judge me for even doing so. Trapped in my thoughts, I didn't notice a hand wrapping itself around my waist which eventually...let me to shriek.

"Relax. It's me" The very person I couldn't lift my face upto. I felt as if I had betrayed him in a sense. "Sorry" dropping my head down, I walked ahead of him. Soon, a warm hand engulfed my cold ones, smiling brightly Soonyoung looked down at me.

"We need to make them believe us, don't we?" erasing all my second thoughts, I mustered up a bright smile. "How about I treat you to icecream, now?" It was my way of apologizing to him, even in secrecy.

Ordering our favoured flavors, we sat upon the empty swings in the playground nearby. The sun was almost setting, throwing a hue of orange and pink across the wide sky. "This is calming" I ignored his glances towards my way as I gazed towards the glamourous sky, unable to tear my eyes off the scenery.

"Click a picture. It will last long" I meant it as a joke. A FUCKING JOKE. But he really fished out his phone and began capturing me with the sky behind. "You can post it on Instagram" It took no more than second before he forwarded all the pictures to me.

"Thanks" I didn't know what else to articulate though I need to acknowledge his photography skills, "They came out pretty" I swiped through them and each one of them was INSTA WORTHY.

Silence descended upon us. It wasn't the type to bite you or make your mouth itch in order to push away the awkward silence. It was pleasant, almost as if we were conversing through it.

"You can talk to me whenever you want, you know?" I couldn't forget my original mission to save him. After knowing him the tiniest bit, I knew he only deserved happiness, all of it. "Suddenly?" A hearty chuckle made his eyes crinkle completely.

"You said we should be friends" I shrugged my shoulders, "Then let me take you somewhere, tomorrow" I wasn't really expecting that but I agreed nonetheless.

With the weekend running rampant, I dressed myself for wherever Soonyoung would be taking me today. I didn't ask him anything because I trusted him. Slipping on my shoes, I bounced my way towards the door.

I was paralysed. Just like the last time. He was stand aloof there, about to ring the door bell but retrieved his arm when he realised I was there. "Hey!" Standing tall with an oversized black hoodie, waving.

"I'm not over dressed, am I?" I looked down at my denim skirt paired with an oversized black shirt and a white tank top. "We kinda of are matching, aren't we?" We clicked each other's vibe while dressing ourselves up for sure. We really looked like a couple.

"And don't you always wear your outfit like that?" He was right. Why was I feeling so bashful? I was just hanging out with my friend. Friend? Could I even call him that?

Walking through the busy street, I felt like I wasn't even able to breathe properly. It was fully packed with families going out on weekends to the unlucky crowd who were forced to work when everyone was enjoying their day off.

"I don't know if you'll even like this place." Through the bustling sounds of the rushed city life, I heard his soft voice speak. He then muttered in a small voice, "It's important to me" I knew it then. There wasn't anywhere else I could be to give up Soonyoung opening upto me!

Soon we strided towards the more quieter part of the city, serene and peaceful. Lagging a little behind him, I noticed the way we had taken. "This is surely not what you expected!" He scratched his neck in worry while I looked up at him, muddled.

"The graveyard?!" I really didn't know how it came out but I guess I knew why he brought me here. I shuddered at the last memory of this very place. The boy standing right beside me was the very reason I had visited this place last time.

"I wanted to introduce you to someone"