Chapter 19

A couple of weeks later:

"Are you two ready? At this rate we are going to be late." Namjoon calls out to Seokjin and Eun, as he ties his shoelaces. "It's fine if we are a little late. We are going for lunch with friends, not a business meeting." Seokjin says as he walks down the stairs, Eun holding his hand.

"You look so pretty baby." Namjoon says with a smile to Eun, who blushes, hiding behind Jin. "Obviously, she does. She's my baby bun." Jin says as he picks up Eun, kissing her cheeks. "Now tell me, was this or was this not worth being a little late?" Jin asks as he poses like a model, holding Eun close to his chest, making Namjoon smile widely. "Definitely is." Namjoon answers as he leans down a little to peck Eun's forehead and then pulls Jin in for a quick kiss, making the older male blush profusely.

The weeks had passed in a flash for the couple and Eun. Namjoon and Jin had spent the entire time making sure Eun was back to her schedule with them. Taking her to doctor's appointments and dental check-ups and making sure that she was healthy.

Eun was back to her earlier schedule with them but was scared majority of the time, not wanting to part from Jin and Namjoon at all. The doctors had assured the couple that it was natural of her to be acting like that and told them to just reassure her and to take things a little slowly with her.

Today was the day the couple decided that Eun should be introduced to Yoongi, Hobi and Jimin. The three of them had been wanting to meet Eun since a long time and the couple thought it'd be best for Eun to get comfortable around them as they were a part of their day-to-day lives. And then obviously, Taehyung and Jungkook had to join in for this meet-up.

Yoongi and Hobi decided to invite everyone for lunch at their place and the couple were just leaving for that. "We should pick up some fresh flowers on our way. Hobi really loves them." Jin suggests as he buckles Eun in her booster seat. "Whatever you say, hun. You are the one driving, we'll go wherever you take us." Namjoon says with a chuckle, making Eun giggle.

Seokjin smiles at his husband's statement as he gets in the driving seat. "Ready?" Seokjin asks as he looks back at Eun in the rear-view mirror, getting a silent nod from her, Namjoon sees it too, making the couple exchange glances. They knew that Eun was nervous about the whole ordeal but they both knew that they would have to take these baby steps towards slowly reducing her fear.

"Eun, darling, you don't need to worry. All the people today are our friends, they are nice people, just like us and are looking forward to seeing you. You've met Kookie and Taetae samchon right? They'll be just like them." Namjoon gently reassures the girl with a small smile making the girl nod.

There is comfortable silence in the car after that with soft music playing in background, Seokjin softly singing along as he drives and Eun glancing out the window curiously. Soon they pull up to the flower shop and Namjoon steps out to pick a bouquet of fresh flowers.

"Jinnie?" Eun calls out to Seokjin softly. "Yes sweetie?" Jin asks as he glances at Eun through the rear-view mirror. "They be nice to me?" Eun asks softly, her glassy eyes staring at him hopefully. "Obviously they will be baby. We wouldn't take you anywhere where people would misbehave with you or harm you in any way." Jin reassures her.

Sniffles can be heard after that making Jin panic. He quickly gets out of his seat and slides in the backseat. He unbuckels Eun from her booster seat and pulls her in his lap, gently sushing her. "Eo-Eomma and appa friend not nice. Hurt Eun-Eun." Eun lets out as she curls up in his lap, burying her face in his chest. Seokjin's heart breaks for the girl and his hatred for Eun's so-called parents raises. Everytime he thought that his hatred for Eun's biological parents couldn't grow, they proved him wrong and it reached new heights every single day.