Chapter 13

"You should have become an actress instead, would've gotten us alot of money." Jihoo says as he settles next to Katherine in the city bus, a lazy grin on his face. "You fooled that Officer Chan first, then the Minho dude. You even fooled the expensive ass lawyer to fight our case for free. You had them eating straight outta your hand. Gotta give that to you Kath." Jihoo continues with a snort.

"Obviously I did. I'm the brain and you are the muscle. That's how they had paired us, remember?" Katherine says softly as she lays her head on Jihoo's shoulder. Jihoo is quick to wrap his arm around her and pull her close, kissing her hair. "We were and still are the best team. The kid is the reason we had dozens of fight and got pulled apart later." Jihoo almost growls.

Jihoo hated Eun, blamed her for all the problems they faced. Katherine didn't really hate the kid but she didn't love her either. For her whether Eun mattered or not changed according to situation.

"Let's focus on the task at hand right now. You follow my lead even at the foster care. I'll do majority of the talking, just back me up when I tell you to." Katherine says, trying to change the topic. She didn't want to talk about Eun with Jihoo, knowing that his anger will flare up for the kid and he'll start using her as a punching bag almost immediately. They had to lay low for awhile, till all the suspicions of the cops were cleared. Jihoo sucked at laying low and it was Katherine who had to pay the price everytime. But not this time. She had decided.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi, I'm Lee Katherine, Eun's eomma and this is Lee Jihoo, my husband. We are here for Eun." Katherine says, blinking hard, hoping her eyes would tear up or it would almost seem like she was close to crying.

"Yes, just a second." Hyunjin says as he nods, climbing up the stairs to get Eun. He soon returns, Eun's small hands grasping onto his pointer finger. "Oh my baby!" Katherine says dramatically, falling to her knees, opening her arms wide for Eun. Jihoo crouches down behind Katherine, barely keeping himself from rolling his eyes.

Eun blinks a little shocked to see her parents. The shock soon turns into happiness and she rushes into Katherine's arms. Katherine is quick to embrace the child close and smother her face in kisses. She gently nudges Jihoo who's quick to do the same, begrudgingly.

"Appa and eomma missed you so much. Please don't do this ever again huh? You scared us to death." Katherine says as she wipes her crocodile tears, kissing Eun's forehead. "Thank you so much for taking care of our Eun." Katherine says as she gets up, bowing towards Hyunjin and Felix. "Yes, thank you so much." Jihoo says, following Katherine's lead, just like he always did.

"It's no big deal. It's our job. You don't need to thank us." Felix says with a small smile. "Go say goodbye. We're heading home." Jihoo says as he nudges Eun. Eun rushes towards Hyunjin and Felix, giving the two of them hugs and exchanging goodbyes. "Let's go Eun." Katherine says sweetly, holding out her hand for Eun to grab, which she does.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Eun was on the top of the world. Her parents had come to get her and now she was back home. This was all she had wanted. Now, she wanted to tell her parents all about Jin and Namjoon and how nice they had been to her, how nice their house was, how they got her so many nice things and overall how nice the two of them were as people.

"Eomma, appa.." "Not now." Eun's words are immediately cut off by the couple who start doing their respective things as soon as they enter the apartment. Eun frowns, Jin and Namjoon always listened when she had something to say. Hyunjin and Felix too would listen to her, not as attentively as Jin and Namjoon did but they never shut her off. Her parents on the other hand immediately shut her off, but she shrugs it off focusing on her surroundings instead. Her house had changed alot in the little time she was gone.