Chapter 1

Namjoon exits the elevator in a hurry. His husband, Jin, had called him thrice and had sent him a dozen messages reminding him not to overwork and to get home before the storm begins. It was currently 9 p.m. and Namjoon was already late to get home. He walks out of his office building not looking where he's headed when something or rather someone bumps into his legs.

Eun is looking around, wandering the streets, without a care in the world. She doesn't understand the cruel world or the fact that a storm is brewing and that she has nowhere to go to. She still thinks that her eomma and appa are playing hide and seek with her even though it has been four days since they left her at the park. Suddenly she bumps into a tall young man and falls down.

"Ohh I am so sorry little one. I was not looking where I was going." says Namjoon looking down at the little girl he bumped into. He crouches down and helps the girl stand up taking in her appearance. The girl looks about the age of three to four and Namjoon takes a look around trying to search for the girl's guardian.

"It's otay." says Eun after awhile to the kind man. She liked him. In the four days that she had spent wandering around, alot of people had bumped into her accidentally and no one had apologized or helped her up. Instead some of them had cursed at her or pushed her away or just ignored her.

"What's your name darling?" Namjoon asks gently, giving the girl a soft smile. "Eun." says the little girl just above a whisper shyly, making Namjoon smile wider. He had a soft spot for kids and absolutely adored them. "Where are your parents darling? It's really late you shouldn't be out here alone." he says worriedly, when he sees that there is no one around except him or the little child. Tears well up in the girl's chocolaty brown eyes and Namjoon panics. He didn't want to make the child cry. "Don't cry little one I can help you are you lost?" He asks as gently as he can.

"I ca-can't find them." Eun manages to choke out through her sobs. She had been trying to find them for so long. 'Where are they? I want eomma and appa.' she thought as she sobs loudly in front of a complete stranger.

"Shh it's okay darling. Everything will be okay. We'll find your parents." says Namjoon, bringing the sobbing girl into his arms and patting her back. He knew that he would have to ask her more questions to help her but he focused on calming down the girl first. 'One thing at a time.' he thought to himself.

Eun held on tightly to Namjoon. He was a complete stranger to her but she trusted him with her life. She herself didn't know the reason as to why she trusted him. Maybe it was the calm and kind aura that Namjoon had, or maybe it was Eun's naive innocence that made her trust him.

"Okay darling can you tell me where and when did you get lost?" Asks Namjoon when the girl calms down. Namjoon's heart went out to the little girl standing in front of him with tear streaked pouty face. 'How can her parents be careless enough to loose their kid at such a late hour?' He thought. In the short span that he has met the girl he had taken a liking to her and couldn't understand how her parents could have lost her. Little did he know that Eun had been left purposefully.

"It's be-been a lo-lot of time. We-we were a-at the par-park." Eun stutters as she tries to remember. Her little brain couldn't remember how long it had been. "Appa asked Eun to close her eyes and then co-come and find eomma and appa. Bu-but Eun ca-can't fin-find them." Eun manages to explain everything to Namjoon.

Suddenly what has happened hits Namjoon and his blood boils with anger. He curses himself for not understanding this sooner, as he takes in Eun's appearance once again. He notices that the girl's cheeks are flushed red due to the cold atmosphere and her hair is a tangled mess as well as her clothes that are smeared with dirt. He couldn't understand how could someone abandon their own child without any regret. Suddenly his phone rings causing both him and Eun to jump in surprise.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Eun watches as Namjoon has a hushed conversation on his phone. Namjoon had asked Eun to wait till he finished his conversation, so she waited for him. Namjoon approaches her once again and crouches in front of her. "Are eomma and appa coming?" She asks looking up at Namjoon with hopeful eyes.

Namjoon's heart broke hearing the question and seeing the hopeful look in Eun's eyes. Even though her parents had given her up she still craved their love and according to her they had done nothing wrong. "They are going to see you tomorrow darling. For tonight you are going to stay with me." he lies. He couldn't bare to tell her that her parents didn't want her and had basically abandoned her.

"Oh!" Eun's hopeful look diminishes a little. "I stay with you for tonight?" She asks, still not sure. "Yeah. Is that okay with you?" The kind man asks her with a small smile as she nods vigorously. "Otay." she replies giving Namjoon a small smile. She suddenly realizes that she didn't ask the kind man his name and looks up at him with curiosity filled eyes. "What's your name miwster?" She asks as she shudders due to the cold.

"My name is Namjoon sweetie." he tells her with a soft smile, removing his coat and wrapping the little girl in it. "It's going to start raining darling. We should get going, okay?" He asks looking at her small figure holding on to his coat tightly making him chuckle.

"Otay." Eun replies and Namjoon scoops her into his arms holding her protectively. Eun snuggles into his warmth. She craved physical affection, which was rarely shown to her by her biological parents. The only thing that Katherine and Jihoo had ever been interested in was money. Having a kid was never on their agenda but as they couldn't afford an abortion they had Eun who was neglected her entire life. They only hugged or kissed Eun in public, so that their neighbors wouldn't think that they neglected and abused their own child. And even when they did show physical affection it wasn't gentle or soothing, it was harsh and abrupt.

Namjoon opened his car door and gently placed Eun in the back seat, buckling her in. He got into the driver's seat and buckled himself in as well. "Let's go shall we darling?" he asks looking back at Eun through the rear view mirror. She nods in response as he starts his car heading home. Namjoon had explained the situation to his husband, who had been as heart broken as Namjoon and wanted to help the little girl desperately. Namjoon still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that the cute little girl was abandoned, without any hesitation. He slowly pulled up to his house and cut the engine.

Eun gasped in awe when she saw the huge house in front of her. She had never seen a pretty house like this before and kept staring with her eyes as wide as saucers and her mouth slightly agape. She was snapped out of her daze by Namjoon's chuckle. "It's pretty on the inside as well. Wanna go in?" Namjoon asks smiling softly at her as she nodded, suddenly shy to meet Namjoon's husband.

Little did she know that her life was going to change for good by these two people.