Chapter 19: Meredith

Start from the beginning

"So for homecoming, do you want to get ready at mine or your place?" Connie said as she dug around in her packets.

"Oh, it doesn't matter. Whatever is easiest."

"We'll do yours, you know my house is a bit crazy at times."

We both laugh as we come to a stop before going to our seats down by the rink. She let out a frustrated sigh.

"What are you looking for?"

"My gloves, I must've left them in your car." I pulled off my gloves and handed them to her.

"Here, take mine while I go get yours."

"Mere you don't have to. I can go get them."

"Hey, it's no problem, you go warm up our seats."

She gave me a hug and said,

"You are the best!"

We parted ways, and I started making my way back the way I came. Shit, there is no way I'm getting through the front and back in time. There are way too many people. I looked to my right and saw a hallway that looked like it might lead to a back door. I started the hallway making quick work of my feet. I stared at my shoes, I mean, isn't it a known fact if you stare at them while you are walking you even faster? No... oh, I guess it's a me thing.

I was so focused on my shoes that I was watching where I was going and ran right into a wall. Pain shot through my head, and my hand quickly went to cover it. I checked my hand. Okay, good, no blood, just throbbing. As I looked up, I realized it's not a wall I hit but a door, and it's not just any door. In black letters across, it reads 'locker room'. Before I could wrap my head around it, the door opened up and hit me in the head again.

"Ouch! Hey, watch what you're doing!"

I held my head as I over at the person who nailed me with the door. Oh my gosh. Is it a requirement you have to be sex on skates to play hockey? Stared at the piece of cake in front of me. Sorry, I may be a bit hungry. Yet the look on his face was dipped in annoying sauce, but it slowly turned into a small smile when he took me in.

"I'm sorry, gorgeous, but you knocked. I was just simply answering the door."

Knocked? I didn't fucking knock, I.. oh.

"Oh umm actually, funny story I wasn't knocking I just ran into the door by mistake."

He smirked as took my chin in his callus fingers and tilted my head to the side.

"I don't see any bumps, would you like some ice?"

"No, I'm in a hurry. I need to go get my gloves before the game starts."

"Hang tight gorgeous." And with that he went behind the door again. I looked down at my phone to see Carter sent me messages a while ago and I sent one back.

"Made it here safely, good luck out there!"

Once I hit send, the handsome stranger came back out and held out gloves with the word Knights on them.

"Oh no, I don't need those. I have some out in my car."

"Take them, it will save time and you'll be able to see us start." I took the gloves and looked them over.

"You do know I'm from the school correct?"

He nodded and smirked.

"Why is your boyfriend on the team?"

Boyfriend?! No we are dating, we are just friends. He asked me to come to support as a friend. Sure Mere and he also asked you to homecoming as a friend as well. Ugh.