I have to go back to the ball, if I get caught here again, I won't have another alibi. But I need to investigate the scene before. It will only take a minute.

Upon entering I have to cover my mouth with my hands to not let a gasp out. Katashi's body lays lifeless on the floor, his blood forming a pool around him. My first instinct is that he died by the injury in his femoral artery. But upon further inspection his neck is slashed open in a clean cut.

Reminding me once again, I am working with the devil. When all of this is over that could be me next, lifeless.

I should be scared of him, but I am not.

Maybe I find slight comfort in the fact that as long as we are partners and he finds use in me he has my back, but after that, what's next?

Death surely.

I know we will meet again as mafia dons, and he will haunt me like I am prey. 

Let the best leader win. I am a silent assassin, he is not.

The only thing going on for him is the attraction he brings to his act, and I am starting to see the very truth of him. But he doesn't know that.

Let him think he has the upper hand.

He will never know what came for him.

Careful so my stilettos don't get some of the blood from Katashi, I quietly leave the scene, he will eventually be found, and I don't want to be known to the world because of this, not many people know me, they know Vincent has an heir, they don't know it's me.

When I am made public, everything will be harder. 

Everyone inside is living their own individual lives, they have no knowledge there's a dead guy just some meters away from them. They don't know about what I just eavesdropped.

Or do they?

How many mafias are together now? Just waiting for the best time to attack. 

Scanning the scene, I find Elijah talking with Roman, Elijah seems uninterest yet still listening.

He scans the crowd and sees me, our eyes lock. He breaks the eye contact and whispers something back at Roman. Shortly after, he walks towards me. I let him. Staying in place.

He gives me his hand ready to lead me somewhere, I take it but I don't let him lead me. Instead with the hand he gave me I yank it making him move closer to me, he has to lean down so now we are face to face, the gravity making his dress shirt fall a bit, just enough to help me see his tattoos, his chain dangling.

"I found Katashi dead, care to explain." I whisper I don't even give him time to try to lie at me.

He gets surprised at first but quickly masks it with a laugh.

"Ragazza intelligente."

"Hombre pendejo." He ignores my comment.

He takes a stand from my hair and pulls it behind my ear. "Why don't we leave and talk about it in the car huh?"

I only glare at him and he leads the way.

-  

He opens the door to the passenger seat of his car, and I follow suit, waiting for him to inform me about what Katashi said. He instead goes to the pilot's side and turns the engine on, speeding out.

"So, what happened there, did he tell you anything." I have to ask before my nerves get the better off me. Trying to cover the fact that I already know something.