• Chapter 17 Happy Birthday Part II •

Mia's POV
I started cleaning up around the house considering it was a mess. Mostly everyone had left except for Justin's best friends and his parents.

"Need help sweetie?" I heard Pattie say starting to clean up the kitchen.

"You don't have to honestly, go spend some time with Justin, I know you don't see him as much as before and I know he misses you, but thank you." I said with a smile.

"I think I should be thanking you." She said while putting the rest of the cake away.

"Why? What did I do ha?" I said to Pattie.

"For always being there for my son, I know you care about him a lot. I can see it in yours eyes. Your not there for him for the money, you not his best friend for the perks he has in his life, your an actually friend in his life, someone he's been needing for awhile now." She said while coming towards me.

"Ohh, umm thank you that's really sweet of you to say, I just truly believe he's exactly what I needed. You raised him right ha, he's been an amazing friend to me since day one." I said while sitting down next to her.

"I know he's not just a friend, and I know your not just his friend. I just wanna say I approve of you." She said while putting her hand on mine laughing.

"Ohh no lol, I'm not looking for a boyfriend ha." I said to her.

"Sometimes you find something without even knowing you were looking back for it." She said as she stood up and left to the back yard.

I couldn't stop thinking about what she said though. It hit me like a billion rocks.

It was probably 11pm and everyone was now gone. Justin was outside saying goodbye to his siblings.

I went upstairs to change into Nike sweats, and a tie-dye shirt. Then I put my hair in a ponytail and headed back downstairs.

"I didn't know you were coming back, I would've thought you went home lol." I said to Justin.

"I lived right next door, this is practically my house too lol." He said while giving me a big hug.

We were still hugging and he said,"Seriously, thank you."

"Everyone's thanking me and I don't know why lol, I don't like people saying that to me. I mean I do, but not really." I said letting go.

"And whys that?" Justin said.

"Because it makes me feel like I did what I did was an obligation, but I did it for you. No one forced me too, I just wanted to do something nice." I said while laying down on the couch.

Justin lifted up my legs, sat down and set my legs on top of him.

"That's why people say thank you lol! Your so silly, but probably the sweetest person I've met in my life." He said.

"Probably." I mumbled.

"Heard that lol." He said while starting to tickle me.

I tried to run away, but he put me over his shoulders and went to my room. Once he set me down he closed my door and locked it from the outside.

"Wth! Justin! How'd you, my door!" I said while laughing hysterically.

"Surprise lol, so now your stuck in here until the morning, goodnight and thank you!" He said while walking out the door.

He thought he was sneaky, but he forgot I had a window lol. I went outside my window and sat on the roof just watching the stars.

"What the hell! Mia." I heard from Justin's balcony.

I just laughed, I felt like I was gonna fall considering I was out of breath. Then I climbed into the guest room and opened my door.

"Bieber can't outsmart me lol." I said to myself and fell asleep.