• Chapter 6 Hospital •

*2 & 1/2 weeks later*

Justin's POV
It's been a week since I saw Mia and since we discussed her plan for me to see Selena. We've been texting on how to go surprise Selena and I couldn't be any happier. In the moment everything seemed to be falling into place.

*buzz, buzz*

iMessage: Mia Pia🐳

Mia : G'morning sleeping beauty, ready for tomorrow?

Justin : Good morning. Mia Pia! Yes & I have you to thank! Couldn't have done this without you (:

Mia : I told you don't call me that but of course (: catch up with you later?

Justin : & yeah, do you work today?

Mia : actually no.. I kind of quit..

Justin : what the hell? Why?

Mia : I don't need the money anymore, I'm trying to pursue my dreams of being a professional entertainer.

Justin : A stripper? Oh god Mia no...

Mia : I'm serious lol, but okay see you later.

I laugh at how serious she acts about her jokes. One of the things I liked about her.

Mia's POV

Justin is such a weirdo, but so was I. I didn't tell Justin but another main reason why I quit my job was because I missed my best friend. I wanted to hang out with her a lot more, but that's still not happening. She's been out with her boyfriend a lot lately. I mean I don't mind, I just don't wanna loose my best friend..again.
That's a whole other story.

Anyways, I snapped myself out of my thoughts. I had one thing to take care of business of, my dad.

I never talked about my dad because there's not much to say about him. He's not even my dad anymore. He's just Derrick. He stopped being my dad the day my mom died.. He blames me for my mothers deaths. How typical dad. I mean Derrick. Such an asshole and I'm glad he's mainly out of my life. I don't even know why the hell I was still had to go to court. I thought I was done the moment I turned 18.

As I walk into the court room I started to panic because if you didn't know he scares the crap out of me. I hated seeing Derrick. All the pain he created in my life is because of him.

"Derrick Lancaster, do you swear to say the truth, only the truth, and nothing but the truth?" I hear the officer say to him.

"Yes." He says coldly while looking at me. I couldn't help, but look down feeling like the smallest thing in the room.

After a huge amount of time spent in the damn court room, they finally came to a conclusion.

"Derrick Lancaster's sentence will be shorted, from 5 years to 2-3 years depending on behavior. Case dismissed." I hear the judge say.

I immediately started freaking out. That son of a bitch would be out in 2-3 years! I was sworn to 5 years!

"You promised me 5 years!" I screamed at the judge. "5 years!" I was now hysterically crying. I couldn't breathe. This had to be a mistake. The system is so fucked up!

"You're dead." My father chuckled and then everything went black.

Justin's POV

First Selena now Mia. Neither of them were answering and I didn't understand why. I threw something at the wall in frustration.

*Random Number Calling*

"Hello" I say praying it was one of them.

"JUSTIN! It's Kiara, can you please come to the hospital! It's Mia, she passed out and she just hasn't woken up and the doctors won't let me see her!" Kiara says quickly.

"Woah wait, how, what, why? Nvm which hospital? I'll be there!" I say confused and a bit scared.

"She's at Saint Paul Medical Center Floor 3, just hurry." Kiara says.

I obviously rushed and got there as fast as I could. I'm gone for a week and now she's in the hospital. How the hell..

By the time I reached the hospital and checked in as her boyfriend, I soon realized she was awake.

"Mia! What happened? Are you okay?" I sasked while hugging her.

"I gotta take this." Kiara says all giggly. I look at her confused like why the hell are you so happy. Shouldn't you be here with your best friend?

"Justin, I'm completely fine. I don't know why she called you." Mia says trying to get me to not be so concerned.

"The flight, you can't go." I say looking down.

She lifted my head up by my chin with her small hands. "Justin, we're going in the morning to Europe and your going to see Selena. I just got stressed because I'm moving out of mine and Kiara's place." Mia says, but I look at her confused.

"Wait I thought that was your place? Why are you moving out and no Selena can wait a couple of days it's okay." I say confused and concerned.

"Justin i don't care what you say, we're going on that flight in the morning. It's more of my place so I didn't feel like paying for it anymore if she's never there." She says wig no emotion.

"I'm so glad your okay, but does she know?" I asked.

"No, not yet and I don't want her to. She's too caught up as you can tell.." She says looking down which concerned me but she didn't seem to wanna talk about it. I ignored it and just smiled giving her a hug.

"Where is she going anyways?" I asked.

"Her boyfriends, once you got here she got all giggly and less concerned. It's fine cause I'm okay so no need to get picky about.." She said brushing it off as if was no big deal. I looked at Kiara and rolled my eyes. What kind of a best friend is like that?

I could see the light drain from her eyes as she put her head down. " Let's get out of here." I smiled at her and grab her things and the release papers.

Mia's POV
I felt so guilty lying to Justin. What I said was true but I didn't tell him the real reason why. I don't need him to worry about me. He doesn't need to know about Derrick. I just can't bare him knowing my past.. It haunts me too much. It hurts too much. I just wanted to get on the plane and forget it all.

Justin took me to his place to take care of me even though I told him not to, but I was thankful to have him around.

"Thank you Justin, really." I tell him.

"No need to thank me, I'd do this any day, just for you." Justin says as he put a blanket over me. I soon drifted off into my own world of sleep. In pretty sure he went to sleep soon to anyways. Our flight was early in the morning.