• Chapter 11 Trust Me •

Justin's POV

I'm finally back in California, just need to get all my stuff and go find my best friend. I pulled into the driveway and got all of my things immediately because I really missed Mia. Now where could she b-

"Justin! Aww I missed you so much!" Says Mia, cutting me off from my thoughts.

I hug her back a little too much, probably squeezing the life out of her.

"Justin..can't..breathe.." She says out of breathe.

Couldn't help but chuckle a little,"You love my bear hugs, now let's go before paparazzi spots me. They know I'm here and they have the code to my neighborhood." I say right before I spot paparazzi.

"Spoke too soon Bieber, here hand me one of your bags, now speed walker grandpa! You're slow!" Mia says while walking fast.

I thought how cute Mia was being. I mean I'm not going to lie I have been thinking could Mia be the one I've been looking for? I couldn't tell because it was too soon, but I kind of admit I did feel something every one in a while. A warm feeling. A little too warm.

*FLASH, FLASH, FLASH*

"Justin who's this mystery girl?"

"Justin isn't her name Mia?"

"Justin over here!"

Then I hear "Mia how does it feel to have a father in jail?"

"Mia how does it feel to know your father will be getting out early?"

"Mia! Mia! Over here!"

Obviously it caught Mia's attention and she froze for a good second but continued walking as if she didn't hear anything. What did they mean? How did the paparazzi's know about her life? I mean I shouldn't question it but I haven't even said her name ever. Oh my god. What did I get Mia into.

Mia was extremely quite. Too quite for a good time. She should be with me but she's just been on her phone or in her room.

I really wanted answers though. I've never seen Mia like this.

"Mia?" I say.

No answer.

"Mia Pia, didn't you miss me?" I say.

No answer.

"Dammit Mia!" I scream making her jump a little bit.

She looks up at me and smiles. "Of course I did weirdo." She's says with a smile that quickly turned into a frown. I could see through her smile that it was fake. Like Selena.. Oops too soon.

"Mia do you wanna talk about it?" I ask and she shifted herself on the couch.

"Talk about what?" She says trying to avoid the question.

"Mia don't play dumb with me, what did the paps mean, do you not trust me?" I say getting more concerned.

"Of course I trust you Justin, I just don't wanna talk about it." She says not looking at me.

Mia POV

I was kind of annoyed, but more upset. I just wasn't ready to talk about my dad. Let alone my best friend. Well, ex-best friend. I just knew I would start crying and I didn't like crying in front of people.

Just looked annoyed as he grabbed my wrist and brought me into his special room. His room where he writes or needs peace.

Justin said, "Just listen, you inspired me with this song, I couldn't have written this song with out you so thank you, but please just listen. I think you need it. It's called 'Be Alright'. He says and starts to play it on the piano, as I sit next to him playing.

Across the ocean, across the sea,
Starting to forget the way you look at me now
Over the mountains, across the sky,
Need to see your face, I need to look in your eyes

Through the storm and through the clouds
Bumps on the road and upside down now
I know it's hard, babe, to sleep at night
Don't you worry
'cause everything's gonna be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight
Be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

Through the sorrow, and the fights,
Don't you worry
'cause everything's gonna be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight
Be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

All alone, in my room
Waiting for your phone call to come soon
And for you, oh, I would walk a thousand miles,
To be in your arms, holding my heart

Oh, I,
Oh, I,
I love you
And everything's gonna be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight
Be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

Through the long nights
And the bright lights
Don't you worry
'cause everything's gonna be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight
Be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

You know that I care for you
I'll always be there for you
I promise I will stay right here, yeah

I know that you want me too,
Baby we can make it through anything
'Cause everything's gonna be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight
Be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

Through the sorrow, and the fights,
Don't you worry
'cause everything's gonna be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight
Be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

Through the sorrow, and the fights,
Don't you worry
Everything's gonna be alright..

He finishes singing and turns to look at me with tears in my eyes. "That night Selena broke my heart you told me it's gonna be alright. That was the one thing that kept me going ever since then. Now I'm telling you, everything's gonna be alright Mia. Just trust me..please." He says empathetically.

*sigh*

Justin's POV

"Yes, my dad's in jail.." She says lowly.

"May I ask why you never speak of him or why he's there?" I ask her being cautious of my words trying not to upset her even more.

Although I think it made her feel worse, but why? My Mia seems so broken right now. What did he do to put this pain in her life. He's obviously done something right! He's in jail I thought to myself. She stays silent.

"Mia, Talk to me.." I ask her just wanting to speak. Yet she just sat there in my arms silently crying..