DEVOTED ) II

/ APHRODITES PALACE .

Continuing on.

I walked towards one of the rooms next to the THRONE ROOM. It was near the place where me and him first met.

I stopped in my tracks. "Hm."

I felt memories seep in, good memories. Where I'd help him over his ptsd, where I'd give him his own therapy sessions. Where I'd fish and eat with him. Where he'd help me pronounce things better.

Good memories.

I backed away from the THRONE ROOM  and headed towards the back entrance, where his own personal lake was.

I gripped the bag, walking as quickly as possible to the point my shoes sounded like heels running on concrete.

Weird comparison but, accurate.

I needed to see him, I wanted to see him.

"Is he avoiding me?" I muttered to myself.

No.. he shouldn't be, after all. I didn't do anything.

I walked through the pearly white tunnel, the bright lights were almost blinding. I slowed down a bit. I could hear the water splosh around.

"Let's see if I got any fish today." I heard him say, closely but also far.

I could slightly see him sitting down on his beige bench.

I smiled to myself and walked towards his direction.

"There you are!" I shouted. But I didn't get a response back. Maybe he didn't hear me.

I kept walking towards him, squinting my eyes due to the sunlight hitting my face. I placed a hand over my head to block it out, which barley did anything.

"Bryan?" I called out. He immediately turned his head around, "huh?" He looked confused.

I stopped in my tracks, slowly putting my arm down to my sides. "Hey!" I waved to him.

His eyebrows were raised as he got off of the bench.  "Oh.. uh, Jakey." He muttered.

I felt my heart flutter as he said my name. I couldn't stop my happy smile. "I was.." I walked closer "I was just looking for you!" I explained to him.

He smiled at me. "Hey!" He walked more closer to me.

"I thought you were inside.. but, you're here!" I walked down the steps.

Bryan shook his head. "No- no, I'm just out here doing some fishing." He clasped his hands together and placed them in front of his abdomen.

I nodded. "That's great! Y'know," I trailed off. "Like fishing.. it's fun." I shrugged as well as walking even closer to Bryan.

"I'm glad you're finally um.. finally—" I started to stutter. "Finally like spending more time outside." I laughed at my mistakes. "Outside of your mansion." I added on to get my point across.