CAUGHT IN THE ACT

/ SIX MONTHS LATER .

Present Day.

So in just SIX MONTHS, I successfully integrated into the camp. Became a counselor, started the Asian section of the camp.

The area looks too JAPANESE for my liking.. but, that's because most of the invitations I sent to the potential Asian pantheons to join the camp are Japanese.

Which is honestly, for the best.

But yeah, life has been great since I took that leap of faith.

I honestly can't imagine what I'd be doing.. if I never took that JUMP..

"Xiao Qing." I turned to my BLUE DRAGON, though he didn't respond.

"Xiao Qing." I repeated. Hoping he'd respond this time.

No answer.

I smacked my lips. "Lu."

This time, he looked at me.

"How do I look?" I questioned. "Do I look okay?"

I probably look insane talking to a literal dragon..

Xiao Qing gave me a small roar which made me smile, which means he agrees. "Great! Let's go for a walk then..."

Studying the Son of APHRODITE is quite hard.

   It's worth it though..

I hummed as I walked along the pathway, singing an old tune while carrying some MEE SUA in my hands.

I love cooking honestly.

I continued to hum, looking down at the grass and flowers.

I started to walk along the bridge, before letting out a small gasp,

It's Kayla.

But she wasn't paying attention and she hadn't seen or heard me.

I gave one of my sly smirks. "Hey girl!" I said which made her flinch.

She let out a worried/startled shout and dropped a huge book in front of me.

I raised an eyebrow, "You okay?"

"Oh! River..—" she sighed before giving me a tiny laugh. She looked nervous.

"—Yeah you just.. startled me a bit." Kayla told me then adding a "Hey!"

I kneeled down to grab the book that was near my feet. "..Okay well, you dropped— oh."

I grabbed it with my free hand since the other one carried the MEE SUA and held it closer to my face.

The title of the book read: BOOK OF ASCLEPIUS.