🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 39 🐍

Start from the beginning

Kalim and Angel observe the conversation and laugh. "Aha ha ha! You're all such good friends now!" Angel agreed with the statement, reminding her about two boys constantly arguing.

Grim just sweat drop at the two. "That didn't sound friendly to me at all!"

"Hey, should I remind a certain monster that you have the exact same conversations with other people, specifically two people who constantly gets us in trouble" Angel remarks and Grim looks at her.

"It's not my fault that I have two idiots who wants to associate with me," Grim says with a smirk. "They just can't help being drawn to the next headmage!"

"Gonna be hard for you to do that when you're as teeny as L'il Jellyfishy here, Sealie," Floyd says with a smirk.

"Quite indeed," Jade comments.

Grim angrily looks at the twins. "Hey, I don't need to hear that from you two!"

"Aha ha ha!" Kalim laughs. "Good to see that everyone here is becoming great friends!"

As they were walking, something catches Jamil's eyes, the familiar blue hue coming into view. "I can see the oasis now," he says as everyone follows his line of vision.

"Myah!" Grim ecstatically exclaims. "I can't wait to stuff my face!" He says as the group gets closer to the oasis.

"Yeah, this gonna be the best party ever," Kalim says with a smile. "We're gonna go all-out! Let's race! Last one to the oasis is a rotten egg!" Grim nods and the two took off running, leaving the five behind.

"I swear..." Jamil sighs at the two. "Where do they find all that energy?" He says as the group catches up to the two.

After a few minutes at the oasis, Kalim looked at the decorations placed around, content with the set up. "Okay, that should take care of everything," he says as he turns to everyone. "Go on, everybody! Eat, dance, and sing the bad times away!" The students cheer at the announcement and happily followed instructions, some getting food, some heading to the water to cool off, and some even dancing while others talked amongst themselves. "Come on, Jamil. Let's dance!" Kalim excitedly says as he looks at Jamil.

"I-I'm good, really..." Jamil says as Kalim grabs his arm and drag him to an open space to the dance. The five watched as they danced, surprised at how limber Kalim was while Jamil hesitantly joined in, matching his speed and rhythm.

Angel and Grim looked at them in awe while the trio observed them. "They're both quite limber," Jade comments. "Have you considered taking dancing lessons from them, Azul?"

"I think not. Some things are too tall of an order for merfolk," Azul says as he pushes up his glasses, trying not to let his emotions get to him.

"Let me in on the fun, guys!" Floyd shouts out to the two. "Come on, L'il Jellyfishy and Sealie. You're coming too," Floyd says as he grabs Angel's arm and Grim followed and dragged her towards the two, which Kalim was happy to allow since he offered a dance circle for the five. It's was quite hard to follow Kalim and Jamil's rhythm since they were dancing like professional dancers, but Floyd didn't care, his movements sloppy and just enjoyed himself. Eventually, just being with the three made Angel and Grim dance without a care in the world, smiling and laughing altogether with the group, or at least with Jamil giving out slight smiles every now and then.

"...eeeyyy! Heyyy..." A faint voice calls out to the group, confusing everyone as they look around, trying to locate the source of the voice. The students looked perplexed as well, seeing that the students were looking around keeping tabs on who was here, which proved to be even more confusing as they counted that everyone in Scarabia Dorm were present.