🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 36 🐍

ابدأ من البداية

The man angrily looks at her, not happy with her answer. "Why do you suffer? I can end your suffering and you wouldn't have to go through any of this again?!"

"Still..." She answers. "I've said it before...they deserve...another chance, and I-I want to help them..."

The man looks at her struggling and clicks his tongue, snapping his fingers as something let go around her neck, making her kneel as she tries to catch her breath, relishing for the return of air in her lungs. "It's such a shame," he says as he watches her. "I tried to help you, but yet, you refuse." He smirks. "But don't worry, child. I WILL end you're suffering, even if I have to make you beg for it." The words make her pale in fear at the potential implications. "Just remember what you are, because no matter where you are, I'll be waiting to help you. NO MATTER WHAT." He laughs, and next thing Angel knows, he disappeared into the darkness, leaving her alone as she holds her neck, wincing in pain at the touch. She looked around, trying to see if the man would appear again, but after a while, it was nothing but silence. She slowly gets up, stumbling at the action with fear coursing through her body. She looks ahead, the feeling of fear starting to fade, but the fact that the man disappeared in the darkness, didn't do much to calm her nerves. She took a deep breath, trying to calm down and recollect her thoughts and it helps. She looks ahead of her and slowly start walking, trying to ignore the pain around her neck. As she's walking, her mind couldn't help but head back to the words the man said. People like us...? She thinks as she walks through the darkness, remembering the scene she saw before, stopping to compose herself from the nauseating feeling from appearing. Just the thought about that scene makes her feel sick, remembering how vivid the sounds, smell, and sight was, making her gag at thinking about it. If that was what happened, could the same thing happen to the people at the school? Would that happen to her friends? She had questions that needed answers, but she shook it off. Jamil takes priority before anything. Everything else took priority before her, that had to be true. She had to be strong. After all, no one could understand what she was going through, and she didn't want them to know, at least not yet. She continued walking, trying to find some sign of Jamil. Suddenly, she stopped, hearing a faint peculiar sound in the darkness. She closes her eyes, trying to pinpoint the sound more clearly and figured out it was coming from the right, opening her eyes and slowly heading there, the sound becoming more prominent, almost as if it was the sound of hissing. She slowly walks, the sound of hissing becoming louder and closer as she walks and she stops, seeing Jamil in the distance. She heads towards him, happy that she spotted him, only to step on something soft. She stops, looking down to figure out what she stepped on, only to see something thin wrapping around her, hissing at her. She looks closer to see yellow eyes staring at her, hissing at her as she realized that a snake was wrapping around her leg. She looks at the snake then look at Jamil, seeing that he was staring off into space, snakes starting to surround him, wrapping around his body. Angel carefully took a step forward, trying not to anger the snake, and it works, slowly making her way forward which the snake only hisses in protest, but doesn't do anything. As she walks towards Jamil, she notices that more snakes are appearing, slowly slithering towards her and wrapping around her body, a feeling that didn't sit well with her as she felt a bit of force being applied, making her wince a bit at the pain but trekked on until she was standing next to Jamil, seeing that snakes covered his body as well, hissing at her. She followed his line of vision, seeing a scene before them.

A young boy was walking through a decorative corridor, sighing as he walks. His sighs are interrupted when he hears footsteps behind him, turning around to see a familiar boy with gray hair and red eyes looking at him excitedly. "Hey, Jamil!" Kalim exclaims, stopping in front of him. "Let's play! I'm gonna beat you at that board game today."