The breakfast was served already and everyone was starting with it. I, on the other hand, couldn't stop looking around and then back at his empty chair, waiting for him to be here.

“He left for some meeting early. ”

Ariana revealed, grabbing her fork, eyeing the sliced tomatoes.

It was as if my heart broke to hear it. So he's not going to be here? Now I look like a lost cat in middle of nowhere. Maybe I really did want to see him, just a glimpse.

My heart fluttered again and I let that blush sink with a nod in her direction. I can't stop feeling the way I'm doing at the moment. It's something so new and raw, too rare to define.

With a coy smile trying to find a place to hide on my lips, I held the fork up between my fingers.

“Looks like someone's missing him already. ”

Ariana whispered, aiming the wink right at me with a bright smile on her lips, taking a bite.

I held onto my blush for life, wondering if its this obvious on my face that anyone can tell what I feel. I need to hold my expressions together.

•••

My heart synced with the sound of of my heels tapping against the office floor as I stepped inside hallway full of people, rushing cubicle to cubicle with articles, pictures, essays and what not.

It was not like I have never seen them around but today all eyes felt digging holes through my skin as I walked through them with my finger being the subject of attraction for them all, glinting with the piece of stone that's worth ten times me.

Even the greetings and good mornings sounded a bit strange, like chocolate chip cookies with pebbles instead. The voices were low, not as welcoming as it was everyday as I passed by, greeting everyone with a smile.

Things have changed a lot, everything does but I can't take changes anymore, not when everything keeps happening so fast, so abrupt.

I decided I'll not let things bother me and my work that I'm actually here for. I have to work and serve the purpose in this business. That's all I'm right now, an employee just like everyone else.

It doesn't matter really if I'm not succeeding in my personal life, I will have to make my professional life a huge success to make sure I have a future ahead and can find myself in position to take decisions for myself.

“Good Morning, Miss. May I come in? ” Harper, my assistant, peeked a look over at my desk as she squeezed herself through open door space.

“Good Morning! Yes, Please do. How's everything? ” I asked, taking a seat for myself behind the desk while gesturing for her do the same.

“I'm doing absolutely great. Infact I feel really energetic today. ” she smiled. “Well, actually I just wanted to inform you that Boss would like to see you in his office. ” she paused with a forced smile as she saw a frown appear on my face.

By boss, does she mean Kian? I'm not doing this today if that's what he thinks I'm going to indulge myself in.

“Mr Miller? ” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh! No, not him. Sir Julian, he's in the meeting room, waiting for you. ”

It was as if I could not speak out of excitement, uncertainty or maybe nervousness rising up back to my mind.

“Oh! Him? ” I whispered as she nodded and left closing the door.

I didn't waste a moment, thinking or wondering. I need to see him, talk to him even if my voice freezes the moment I see him looking right at me, even if I can't stand straight when he catches shiver of my skin under his finger tips, even if last night together felt like everything, even if it won't happen again...

I closely inspect the meeting room, wondering if someone's in there. The lights were off, almost making it impossible for me to see anything inside. Is he really in there?

“May I come in, Sir? ” I kind of announced than ask because there was no one in there, at least as far as I could see.

I extended my arms to look for light switches. Just then, it happened. My voice forze, my skin shivered, my legs melted and I was in those arms again that held me last night as he let his scent seep deep in me, making my body the shrine of his presence.

I flinched, squealing as he gently placed his lips on mine, just a teasing thin space between them to feel and not feel them at the same time.

“Shh.. ” his Cologne filled the air around me and I knew those breaths were his.

“Julian? ” I whispered.

“Yes, Sweetheart. ” he groaned, adjusting me closer to fit his frame.

I knew this was not just me. He was as reckless as I was with this surging lust, he was as desperate as I was, he is needy, like I am.

Our breaths were racing for the finish, for the end of this tension but little did they know it was not going to end with our bodies put so close.

“What if someone sees-” I began but he kissed my lips deep, enough for them to shut up for the rest of the day.

I could feel this was not a sudden urge with the way I felt his bulge through his pants. How bad I just want him to do what he could be thinking of doing right now, have his way with his thoughts, this situation, me.

His tie was almost undone, loose around his neck, as if he's really tired, working all day when it's just noon.

We broke our kiss, looking at each other for a moment in the soft light that entered through the windows. I could look at those dark Carmel eyes my whole life, just shifting colours as we hold onto each other like this forever.

“What do you think... about last night? ” I asked when I couldn't hold myself from asking anymore. I just wished he knew what it meant to me, even if intoxicated with lust, I was sane every time he kissed me and knew where that kiss felt good.

His silence made my heart raise and drop crazily.

“I would've called it a reckless decision. ” he paused and my eyes almost gave up the hope, feeling that fear of facing the consequences of my behavior surface again just when he spoke.

“But it wasn't one. I wanted you. I wanted it to be with you. ” he announced, more like confessed as his hands held onto my waist, pulling my body to his.

“What about you? What do you think of last night? ” he teased and  knew exactly what he was doing.

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬
All you can do to support me:

Share
Vote
Comment
Follow, if you want to
▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬