"If Snake-sama believes he is good, who are we to question her?" the voice made him turn his head slowly and let out another scream at the few dozen people just staring down at him laid on the sand.

"Mama, is he okay?" a boy with dark hair and scarlet eyes asked a young woman with similar eyes and chestnut hair.

"I don't know darlin, but try not to get too close to him"

"But look, he's got a hole there"

Ace looked down to where the boy was pointing in an almost robotic fashion and he let out another scream when he saw the hole that went through his chest.

"Hold him down he's going crazy!" one of the villagers shouted as they too panicked at his reaction.

Ж

Anamaria shrugged it off as she looked up at Boa.

"Do you want me to take you to him?"

She nodded and stood up, slower this time, to follow Boa. As she was being led through the halls of the place she had apparently been placed, she heard the screams first.

Making her way out of the place, she first saw Jinbei's huge blue back and then she saw her captain. Luffy was covered in bandages for his wounds that matched the one Ana was wearing on her forearms. But what hurt the woman most wasn't his physical wounds, but how the tears (and snot) were running down his face as he called out to his brother.

"Luffy!" she said his name softly but he still heard her and ran full speed into her arms.

"Ace...Ace is...!" he dug deeper into the hug as if trying to find more comfort than the hug she could give him.

"I know dear, I know" Ana knew that she was probably cruel not to tell him that Ace might still be alive but that would:

a) give him hopes of something she wasn't sure had worked.

b) bring Ace back into the World Government's spotlight and 

c) she would have to explain how she knew what the coin could do, and she wasn't sure that she was ready to tell anyone that (except Zoro, who already knows a bit of it).

Jinbei shot her a sad look as well and Ana motioned for him to come closer. The fishman hesitated but did so, letting out the tears he had been holding back at the sudden loss of his friend when Luffy used his powers to stretch his arms around the whale shark fishman as well, wasting more comfort.

Ana's eyes stared at the Mushroom Hat man from over Luffy's shoulder making Law shiver at the dark glint in them.

Ф

After more crying and shouting, Luffy had slept himself off from exhaustion and was now curled up close to Ana, refusing to remove his arms from around her arm.

The woman had taken Luffy's hands into her own and had tried cleaning the blood from when he had punched down the trees in the forest and she could feel the pirate crew's eyes on her as she let the water cover the boy's hands, healing over the skin.

"Wooow that's amazing Sparrow-chan!" the men told her with clear blushes on their faces.

"Call me Ana, please" she smiled at them making many fall.

"Y-yes Ana-chan!" the men chorused once more.

After she had watched Jinbei take Luffy away to talk to him after the boy had woken up, the crew of pirates which Ana learnt were named the Heart pirates shouted that they saw someone swimming towards the island. Anamaria waited to see who it was and relaxed when she recognised the old man.