Chapter 17

Linh's POV

I walked down the hall to my locker, sighing. Math was sooo boring and I might've have fallen asleep after the first 10 minutes. But no regrets. I open my locker after typing in the combination. Surprisingly, a note slips out, and lands on the floor. I picked it up, and after examining it, I came to a conclusion that it was an invitation to prom. But I had no idea whom it was from.  It just said, "Come with me to prom? Meet me at the soccer field after school." 

Should I go? Was it a prank? I kept wondering, but I couldn't help grinning to myself. I mean, I'm not beautiful, nor popular, and a guy wanted to ask me out! To be honest I had no idea why I was nominated to be the prom queen. Who nominated me? Was it the same guy who just asked me to prom? 

Nevertheless, I found myself standing in the middle of an empty soccer field, clutching the note the guy gave me. Nervous, I start to wonder if coming here was a mistake. It was obviously a prank. It was a hopeless hope to wish for someone to take me prom.. 

I was about to head back when I hear footsteps coming from behind. I turned around, and saw a tall guy with a brown complexion, a well built body, just training for soccer. I knew who it was before seeing his face clearly. 

Wylie

Why was he here? Did he like me?? Okay. So first things first... I do have a little crush on Wylie. It is not big.. I think. But I know the feeling's there. He's nice to me, good at soccer, makes me laugh, and is an another person to depend on other than Tam. My heart skipped a mile when I saw him more clearly. 

"You came." He spoke. Looking surprised. 

"Yeah, why would I not? I was curious." I said, taking a step towards him, smiling. He smiled gently back. 

"So.. you were the guy who.. uh.. wrote the note?" I asked, waving the piece of paper in front of him. He nodded. But when he didn't say anything, I made a gesture that said, go on. He chuckled, and took my hand in his. 

"I know this is not very.. romantic, but.. Linh, I have always liked you. You're beautiful, kind, caring, sweet, everything that I can ever wish for. I know I'm not enough for you, but will you do the honour of going to the prom with me?" 

Hey!!! I'm back!!!!! So sorry for taking this long!!!!!!!! And sorry for the short chapter, I'll make it longer next time. Thank you for reading this story!!!! Byiiii!!! Love u