Chapter 6

Keefe showed up few minutes later, with his white posh car and wearing sunglasses. He looked like one of the Californian guys in the movies. She hurried over, saying goodbye to her parents. Keefe grinned. 

"Couldn't wait to see me huh?" Sophie scoffed and said, 

"No. I could wait." Keefe's smirk vanished for a second and returned, but Sophie saw it. She wanted to say sorry. She wanted to be her real self. But she knew something was holding her back. She knew that deep down, even though she wanted friends, the thoughts that surfaced wanted to vanish, and didn't want a new life. 

Sophie shut the door, and they sat off. A while later, Keefe broke the silence. 

"Hey Foster."

"Hmm?" Sophie replied looking out the window. 

"Remember when we used to be friends?"

"Uh, duh." 

"I missed it, you know. I wanted to go back. I needed to go back. But I.. was dragged to California. Then to my fathers, which is in LA, then I came here, in Florida. You know Foster, I wanted to go back. And if I had gone back.. maybe I could've have been there for you."

Sophie turned to look at him. Did he really mean that? Or was he playing it up for sympathy? Either way, her eyes got filled with tears. 

"Keefe, I.." Sophie paused, not knowing what to say, "I missed you a lot too. When you left without saying goodbye, I was devastated. Really. And if you were there for me when it happened, I know I would've felt better. But- it is okay. You are here now." Sophie knew she was taking the friendship too far for her own sake, but that was what she wanted to say. He was starting to fill in for her parents; and Sophie was opening up slowly to him. Even if she did not want to. Keefe nodded. Sophie knew he was holding back tears. 

"I'm sorry. I really am." Sophie opened her mouth to argue, Keefe held up his hand, as if to stop her. "Before you say anything, we're here." 

Sophie turned and saw the enormous Vacker mansion, and even though she was used to it, her mouth hang open. Keefe smirked and hopped out of the car. Sophie followed suit. 

"OH MY GOOOOSSHHHH!!!!! Sophie! Keefe! You're both here!" A high pitched voice screamed behind her. Keefe smirked again and hung his arm over Sophie's shoulder. She should have squirmed out, but she didn't. Not right after that conversation. 

"She just couldn't resist the Keefester, Biana. So can't you." Biana grinned, and shook her head. 

"I can." Keefe smirked.

"Yeah you can lie."

"I'm not- oh fine." Biana sighed and addressed Sophie. 

"Welcome to Everglen! Though I suppose you've been here before." 

Sophie put on a fake smile. "Yeah I have." Trying not to relive the day. Biana hooked her arm through Sophie's. Sophie tried to get free, but Biana held too strong. 

"Come on, Sophie the girls are waiting for you." She dragged Sophie along up to the giant mansion and opened the door, shouting back at Keefe, "The boys are in Fitz's room!" 

They went up the stairs to the third floor and opened the door that had a sign saying, BIANA'S ROOM! The girls were waiting;, Marella, Linh sat on the floor,  their legs crisscrossed. They waved at her, which she smiled gently at. Sophie remember, no friends. 

Biana sat next to Linh, and Sophie eventually sat between Biana and Marella, forming a circle. 

"So.. what should we do?" 

"We could prank the boys." Marella said.

"Or, makeovers!" Biana practically screamed. Marella and Linh clapped their hands in approval. Sophie sighed, and agreed. She hated makeovers. 

"Ohmygosh it's going to be awesome!!" Biana got out a giant bag filled with makeups and set it on a table. "Ohhhh Sophie first!" Sophie sighed and sat on the chair, and Biana got to work. After endless minutes that seemed like hours, she was finally done. Biana got a red dress that came to her knees and golden flats for me to wear. Honestly, it was too much for me, but I  reluctantly put it on. After a while of waiting, Biana was done with herself, Linh, and Marella. They were all pretty. She doubted she was too. Until she looked in the mirror. Woah-she was actually beautiful . Her hair was done in a way that really stood out her eyes, and the red dress was elegant, but not too much. 

"We should go and play truth or dare with the boys!" Marella gushed. They all nodded eagerly.  She sighed. What have I gotten myself into? 

They went downstairs to Fitz; Biana's brother's room. As soon as Linh opened the door, the boys' mouth dropped. Keefe was looking at Sophie, and smirked. She glared. She saw Tam, looking at Biana, Fitz looking at her and she blushed, and scolded herself for doing so. Dex was staring at Marella, who beamed. Some other guy who  she haven't met was staring at Linh. . 

"Who wants to play truth or dare!!!!?????" Linh asked, throwing her hands out and doing something like jazz hands. All of them raised their hands, accept Sophie. 

And that's how she ended up sitting on the carpet in Fitz Vacker's room, between Biana and Keefe, stuck in the most embarrassing game in the history. 

Hiii Readers!!!! Thank you so much for more than 100 reads!!!!! Comments are welcome also criticism, and pleaseee vote!! It'll be so helpful!!! Thank you for reading this story!!! Love ya!!