Chapter 9

After Keefe and Fitz went out to do their 'boy talk', as Biana called it, theycontinued the game but it got more and more pathetic and honestly Sophie did not know what they were talking about anymore. When Fitz came back without Keefe, looking triumph, she wondered what was wrong and zoned out of the game. Keefe didn't come back, and she got more and more worried. What had happened? Was Keefe okay? Why was SHE caring about this? No caring and helping remember? 

"Sophie! Earth to Sophie!" Dex said, waving his hands everywhere in front of her eyes. Sophie snapped out of her trance, and stood up. 

"I'm going to find Keefe if that's okay." They all looked curious, but when she did not tell why, they dropped it and nodded. Sophie stepped out of the room only to realize that the Vacker estate was HUGE. 

After a lot of confusing turns and twists, she heard a small sniffle behind a antique door. She pushed the brown and elegant door open and found Keefe standing alone in the middle of the room, frozen, tears streaming down his face. What had happened? 

Keefe seemed not to notice her, and she was about to give him space, when he spoke, "I'm okay Foster. No need to worry." Sophie shook her head, not believing the obvious lie. Her newself, her non-friend self wanted to get out, space herself out, but her friendself, her lovingself refused to do that. SHE couldn't do that to anyone. 

Taking a deep breath, she walked up next to Keefe and but her arm around him and let him cry on her shoulder, deciding it was not the right time to ask what was going on. They stood there for a while, comforting each other, some how saying to each other everything would be okay. 

"Foster, opening up to me know huh?" 

"Keefe-" Sophie gave an exsperated sigh. 

"No, foster. I'm fine, I just needed time."

"You don't-" Sophie argued, but realized that it was no use. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sleepover was over without anymore accidents or exciting things, but Sophie could see the distance between Keefe and Fitz, and wondered what was going on with two best friends. But it was not her problem to tackle. 

At school, she refused the group's request to sit together at lunch, and sat with Keefe, who sat alone, although she did not speak to him, and nor did he. But each other's presence was comforting all the same. 

Sophie avoided the group, not wanting to get invited to play or something. She had been too close to letting her guard down. Deep down, she was so so scared. She was afraid that she was going to lose all of them, just like she did with her family. She was really afraid to go through that process again-and lose her fight. But also she knew that it was a matter of time that her barrier is going to break. She liked them too much. She cared for them too much. Even though they just met, it felt like they had been friends forever. 

Keefe, felt like going to a shelter that he could shield her and protect her. But she also felt like she was returning to her family. And she cared for him that way. But she could never let him know. Never. 

Fitz was clearly trying to get her to open up to him, but honesly? Being alone with him felt so... awkward. Really. That was why she avoided him all day, ducking when their eyes met, and disappearing into the cluster of students. 

She was not avoiding Biana nor Dex, talking to them if necessary. They always listened, and never crossed the line. 

Linh and Tam, she rarely talked to, not by choice. They didn't have any classes together, and Tam seemed to distance himself with everyone. Kinda like her. 

Wylie was someone that she did not distance herself with, but really rarely talked. But she still cared for him somehow. She cared for all of them. Which she hated. 

Maybe, with the barrier breaking down, she could open herself to them. But she was still unsure. But she was kind of ready for a Fresh Start. 

Hiii Readers! So.. this was kind of a filler, I hope you liked it!! Our girl Sophie is finally opening up! Thank you so much for reading and hope you vote for this story! Thank you! Also promise next chapter would be VERY long... I'm writing it now..