Take Care, Grandson. 8

3 weeks later
August 30, 2014

Dayvon and Karin had become inseparable during the short lived weekend they spent together. But once the 11th came, everything went back to normal.

Kay retuned to work said Monday. Meanwhile, Von returned to his cell.

Unconsciously, the two had been experiencing depression. One faced depression anxiety, induced by their separation; while the other faced overfocused depression.

Karin missed Von but, his records proved he had been doing much better, without her.

To Karin's knowledge, Von hasn't been acting up. Instead, he's been going to his classes, and actually excelling. He has been to himself a lot more, and hadn't been seen in the yard as much either. He basically went ghost for the past 3 weeks.

Luckily, today was August 30th, indicating Von would be having his first psychotherapy session with Kay.
___________________________

Karin Jacobs

'I hope this isn't awkward. Its Von, its never awkward.'

"I need to relax."

*Knock Knock*
Two firm knocks sounded at my door. I took a swift breath in, then exhaled.
"Come in!"
...
"Woah..."

As expected, Von came in and the guard shut the door behind him.
What I didn't expect, was the state he was in. He looked tore up.

"What happened to you?"
I got up from my seat meeting him half way as he walked to the seat across from mine. Grabbing his face in both my hands, "You okay?"

He wasn't himself. He was, quiet. He just nodded and walked around me to his seat.

Trying to lighten the mood, I changed my tone of voice.
"So the last session didn't  go as planned, but! Today will be better right?" I smiled, hoping he'd return it.
"No."
"You so grumpy when you not talking shit or causing problems. Wassup for real Von? I don't have to write anything this session if you wanna talk to me today."

"I'm good Kay. No fights no nothing."

"I know, thats the problem. You're always fighting. I mean thats good but you look like shit..What changed?"

"Mmcht, you call me up hea' to diss me folks? Or you trynna talk? Lemme know, on bd."

Nodding, "okay." I see how this is gonna go already. I just don't know why he's being so reserved when he was just up my ass 3 weeks ago.

"Let me see your hands."
"Fa whut? I aint been fighting Kay." He leaned forward turning to show me his hands that were cuffed behind his back.

Now I aint no doctor but, the way how small his veins were, he was definitely dehydrated.