Take Care, Grandson. 2

3 days later
Monday, July 22, 2014

3 days later Monday, July 22, 2014

Karin Jacobs

"A dream is a wish your heart makes,
When you're fast asleep."

Turning over, patting my bed for my phone, finding it, I press 'Dismiss' turning off my alarm.

6:00am

I rub my eyes, stretching real good until my legs shake. After 10 minutes of checking my phone I get up and start my morning routine. Finishing up with my light beat, I added my lashes, lip balm and lip gloss.

Checking the time again, "6:52" I slip on my shoes and check if Jay and Dess are up and ready.

I found them both downstairs in the kitchen. Jayda eating cereal and Dess sipping tea.

"Good Morninggg"

Looking over at a bubbly Jayda, I make my way to the pantry rolling my eyes. They know im not a morning person, like why are you talking to me?

"Damn bitch, its never that serious for you to be so grumpy in the morning."

"Jayda if you don't leave that girl alone before she start flipping shit" Dess chuckled still sipping.

I shook my head getting my cinnamon raisin bagel out the toaster to butter it.

Signaling im ready to go, I stood by the door eating a half of my bagel.
"Yall driving with me or no?"

"Or no" they said in unison. And with that, I slipped through the door.

Don't blame me when yall late on the first day.

I checked my maps app then pulled off. Traffic jacking its bout to be a calm 35 minutes to work meaning ill be getting there 3 minutes early.

Say dat.
__________________________

Pulling in the parking lot of Stateville Correctional Center, I turned down my music and parked in the designated spot. Hoping out, Jayda and Destiny pull into the lot. I added more lip balm and lip gloss, sprayed my Ms.Dior original scent perfume, and closed my car door walking ahead. I'm reallyyy not trynna be late, they'll catch up.

"Good Morning." I say to the front desk lady & show my key card. Walking to the elevator i press 2 and hold the door for Dess & Jay. They scurried in and it closed.

Immediately Jayda starts talking,
" I got a nail appointment after work just incase I finish before yall, i'll be gone."

Nodding, what I really wanted to say was 'You wont be missed' but I know it's uncalled for, I just be so irritated in the morning.

The door opens, "see yall later" I say as I quickly make it to my office.

"I aint do none ta' folksnem. Ion know whatchu talkin bout, none happened."