"But you are actually not. I can't handle your pain, Mom. You are my everything."

"I am sorry, dear. I just miss him. Yesterday was his birthday too along with yours. Things would have been so much better. All of us being together, celebrating both of your birthday."

"You are talking about Haechan? Mom, he would never return. I have told him multiple times but he never listened. He doesn't care about you, about us."

"I don't blame him. I made a terrible mistake. I am just such a bad mother."

"Mom! You aren't bad. I was there too. I know why you reacted Ike that."

"That's no reason to treat my own child like that." She sighed out loud. "I just want things to go back to normal. I just want to have dinner with all my kids, spend a good time with y'all. I know... I just know Haechan is lost... and lonely. He needs me. But I don't know if he will ever come back to me." She frowned, guilt creeping her soul.

"I also want him back, Mom. We are a family."

"Aww Hyuck..." Dongkyung embraced her eldest son in a hug.

═════ °• ♔ •° ═════

12th June, 2023.

Yiseul put the tray of food on the empty table in a cafeteria. She picked up the chopsticks and was silently enjoying her lunch when a trio arrived and sat around her. The girl looked up and saw the three bestfriends. "Why are you guys here?"

"We saw you eating alone. No one deserves to eat alone", Lami said.

"Yeah so, we decided to give you some company", the boy named Seunghan said.

"Today's menu is good but eating with you tastes better", Nabi said, putting a pork cutlet in her mouth.

The senior sighed. 'I won't be having a single minute of peace here.'

"Sunbae, are you coming for practice today?", the brunette asked.

"Practice for what?", she asked in confusion.

"You didn't check your phone? Today is the first practice for cheer squad", the young male answered.

"I am really excited. Isn't it so fascinating that we all got selected? I just know we will have a great time together", the long-haired girl said, clapping her hands.

"What? It's today?"

"Why? You have some other plans?", Nabi asked her.

"Uh no but..."

"Then, you have to come! By the way, I didn't tell you but Hyuck oppa apologized to me."

"He did?" As a response, she got a nod, making the ravenette glad that he apologized for his behaviour.

"Why so?", Lami questioned.

"He acted a bit rudely with me the other day. I don't know why he did so but I reacted badly too." The sister shrugged her shoulders with pursed lips.

'She is so unaware...', Yiseul thought, referring to the younger.

Suddenly whispers and murmurs reached her ears as the female turned back only to see the famous college band at the entrance, making their grand entry. Yiseul rolled her eyes and continued eating.

Girls were simping hard on the band members. Haechan walked jn between the rows of tables with a cheeky smile, looking around when his eyes landed on the specific table.

"Here they come. Show off kings", Nabi muttered and looked down at her lunch. She felt a presence beside her as the fresher looked up through her eyelashes.