𝅘𝅥𝅯5

All these shooting stars in the dark~

17th May, 2023.

7:45 a.m.

Yiseul got out of the attached bathroom after brushing her teeth. Next, she tidied the bed and got out of Jaehyun's bedroom in her pajamas of heart prints. "Good morning cupcake!", a very happy Jaehyun greeted her from the open kitchen.

"Good morning, Yiseul!" Winwin's head turned back as he was sitting on the bar stool.

The brother quickly came out of the kitchen with a plate of pancakes. A small candle was lit up on it. The Chinese male began to clap his hands too as both of them began to sing, "Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to-"

But they had to stop midway because the birthday girl herself blew out the candle in a hurry and sat down on the stool.

"Yah! Jung Yiseul!" He bit his lower lip in sudden anger. "I woke up so early just to make this Mickey Mouse pancake only for you to ruin the moment." He started sulking.

The girl patted his cheek. "Okay! Okay! But give me the pancakes! I am hungry."

Jaehyun kept the plate infront of her, passing her a fork and a knife. "Sorry. Maybe it's not like how Mom used to make."

The newly-turned twenty-year old stared at the food on the plate. It brought back so many happy memories when she didn't know the real meaning of life. "Oppa, today is gonna be a great day." A mischievous smile was playing on her face.

"Right! 'Cause it's your birthday~", he said as if singing an opera.

"Congratulations on turning twenty, Yiseul!", Winwin exclaimed.

She just nodded, putting a piece of pancake in her mouth. "Winwin- No sunbae!"

"No need to be so formal. Winwin is okay." He grinned.

It was today she got a good glimpse of his face. 'How can someone be so cute? Like what the hell!'

"Uh do you want to say something?"

"What do you do for a living?"

"Lawyer. I am a lawyer."

"Winwin may look like a quiet person but there's something always going on in his head." Jaehyun pointed at his head.

"Woah~"

"Yiseul-ah, it's my first time celebrating your birthday. Tell me what you need, I will buy it for you as a gift."

"Really? Then, can you buy me a knife?" The ravenette kept a straight face while the two friends shared a terrified look.

"What would you do with it?", the Korean male asked.

She clicked her tongue, moving her thumb infront of her neck gesturing she wanted to cut a neck or two. Silence prevailed in the apartment for a while. "Thanks, oppa for the breakfast." She got up and walked to the bedroom.