𝅘𝅥𝅯14

What's your ETA?~

The door opened with a creaked sound

The door opened with a creaked sound. A tired Donghyuck entered the silent house which he called 'home'. "Mom, I am back!!!" The room was pretty dark as he turned on the light in the living room. He proceeded to the kitchen to look for his mother. "Mom..." The boy went upstairs to bis parents' room, only the table-lamp was lit up while the woman sat on the edge of the bed. Something was in her hands. He walked inside and peeked from behind- there was a photo frame showcasing a family photo of five. Every member was smiling which reminded him of the good happy days.

The twenty-one-year old put his hand on her shoulder from the back. "What are you doing here alone?"

A slim woman with mid-length brown hair turned around with a soft motherly smile. "You are back? Where is your sister?"

"Nabi is out with Lami and Seunghan. But why are you looking at that?"

"Oh this photo?" The lady named Dongkyung brushed her thumb against the glass and kept the photo frame on the table beside the bed. "Look how happy we all look together. I miss those days."

Donghyuck took a seat beside her and silently listened her.

"Your father and I were so happy when we found out that we were having twins. When you two were born, your father and I were literally fighting to select your names. I said the babies should be named Donghyuck and Dongmin because my name is Donghyuck. Whereas, Haejoon literally wanted to name you two Haesung and and Haechan. So, at the end, we came to a conclusion and named each of you. So, Donghyuck and Haechan."

The son laughed a little. "I remember you telling this story when we were younger. I can't believe I almost became Haesung. The name doesn't suit me, isn't it?"

She chuckled. "And Nabi was so mad just because her name doesn't match with any one of us."

"She has always been the baby."

"That's why she is my favorite", the lady teased.

"Mom! I thought that I was your favorite!"

"Oh you are sweetie. You all are." She turned back to face him properly, resting her palm on his cheek.

"Then, tell me one thing honestly. It's been bugging me the whole day."

"And what is it, dear?"

"Mom... were you crying last night?"

Dongkyung's smiley face faded away. "You saw me?"

"I-I didn't mean to... I just-"

"Oh Donghyuck." She pulled him in a hug. "I am sorry for worrying you."

The male held her shoulders gently. "No, no. Mom, I just want to make sure you are okay."

"Hyuck... I am okay."