𝅘𝅥𝅯2

I miss your tan skin~

10:00 p.m.

Yiseul was wearing a tank top and shorts; her long hair was tied up in a messy bun. She was sitting on the sofa, chilling out while scrolling through Instagram when the door of the apartment opened. A brown-haired young man entered and smiled upon seeing his sister. "Hey sis! How was your first day?"

With a blank face, she replied, "Uhh normal?" but it came out rather in a form of a question.

Jaehyun dropped his bag on the sofa. "Huh? Nothing interesting happened?"

"No oppa", she lied.

"Well did you make new friends?"

"Oppa, isn't it weird when we are kids and go to school, we make friends so easily? Like we say 'hey let's play' and naturally become friends. But when you are a grown-up adult, it becomes a lot harder to make friends like true friends." She let out a bitter chuckle.

The engineer nodded his head.

"By the way, why are you late today?"

"Oh just pressure at work. New job, you know?"

The ravenette stood up and walked towards the door of her assigned room. "I ordered dinner and had already ate. There's food left for you too. Eat quickly."

"Hmm. Good night."

The girl's hand rested on the door knob and she twisted it. But suddenly, she turned around and asked uncomfortably, "I have been staying here for almost week now. But... why did you never ask me why I used to bully people?"

Jaehyun was a little taken aback by her question. "I don't think that's important. I won't lie that I am bit disappointed with you. Hurting people is not it. But I think what's important is that you should change for the better. Yiseul, I know there's a good person inside you."

She scoffed. "Good people are weak. I don't want to be like them."

"No, good people are the strongest. They try to enjoy life in a peaceful manner. They see the good in everything and-"

"Then, why Mom ended up like that?" The female looked down.

Silence was prevailed in the room. The male's lips parted to reply but he couldn't form any sentence.

"After Mom died, Dad became abusive. I was only ten years old. I was so fed up with life. I hate people who have a happy life. Why do they deserve so much happiness and not me? What did I do?"

"Yiseul... You know behind their smiles, there maybe struggles you don't know about."

"I don't care. I wanted to see them cry... cry in pain... asking for mercy. It's so satisfying to see them in such a miserable state."