𝅘𝅥𝅯6

Touch me with a kiss~

21st May, 2023.

Ten-year old Yiseul got back home after playing with her friends in the park. She was a lovely child, always smiling ear-to-ear. But that day turned her life upside down. She used to live in a huge bungalow near the forest at the side of the city. As she got upstairs, she started searching for her mother who was a housewife. "Mom! Mom!", her thin voice called. "Mom, are you again playing hide and seek with me?", she asked in a loud voice with a little giggle. "C'mon I am not little anymore. Mom!!!"

She twisted the door knob of her parents' room but surprisingly it seemed to be locked from inside. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she started banging on the door. "Mom! Are you sleeping? Are you in there?"

The maid came to the first floor and asked, "What happened, Yiseul?"

"Aunty! Mom is not opening the door. Is she even at home?"

"Before I went out for grocery shopping, she was still at home."

"Then, why is she not opening the door?" The kid frowned, continuing to bang at the door. "MOM!!! PLEASE!!! OPEN THE DOOR!!!"

"Let me see", the woman said and moved her away as she knocked on the door. "Mrs. Jung, are you in there? Mrs. Jung, please open the door. Yiseul wants to see you. Mrs. Jung!!!"

The girl started panicking, biting her lower lip in fear.

The maid rushed downstairs and came up with a hammer. "I need to break in." She used the hammer to break the door knob in such a way that the door finally unlocked. Both of them barged inside the room as they were completely horrified.

"MOM!!!" Yiseul's mouth went wide open as she dropped on the floor. Tears automatically streamed down her cheeks when she saw the amount of red blood on the white bedsheet. There was her pale mother- lying on her bed, in a peaceful sleep of death with a cut on her wrist. She went far away, so far that there was no possibility of her returning back.

"She's dead", the maid confirmed after placing her fingers infront of the dead body's nose. The woman turned around and rushed to pull the child in a hug.

The ten-year old let the sobs rule as she kept shouting, "Mom!!! Mom!!! No!!! This can't happen!!!" The last sight of her mother left a scar on her beautiful life.

Yiseul took a deep breath and sat up instantly. The room was dark but maybe not darker than her life. She took heavy breaths and wiped off the sweats formed on her forehead and neck. The girl pulled her legs closer, hugging her knees when her pupils started trembling. She licked her lips as her throat started drying. She saw it again- the worst nightmare of her life. As her eyes shut close, sweet and sour memories came flooding.