One

Today was the day. I'm finally going to propose to the person I have loved for 2 years now. Zayn Malik. We have been through so much, from our first kiss to coming out to our parents.

We are both in our early 20s and have great jobs. Zayn teaches an art class at the local university and I'm close to becoming a manger of a high-end business. Right now I was on my way to work and hoping it went by fast so I could come home to Zayn and finally pop the question.

I walk in and go straight to my office, start getting ready for the day then there's and knock on my door.

"Come in." I say and my coworker Niall walks in.

"Hey Harry. How was your weekend?"

"Um it was good," I said as I felt my cheeks heat up a little bit.

"Ah are you blushing Harry? Did you get it on with Zaynie boy?"

"Niall..."

"Ha knew it." And he sat down taking out some paper work that was faxed over from the head boss. He gave them to me and told me that I have to look over them and sign some things.

I was looking over some other paper work when I got an email saying that I have a meeting about future projects. I silently groaned and picked up a note book, a folder and a pen. I walked in and saw Niall sitting playing on his phone so I decided to sit next to him. The meeting quickly started and the whole time everyone was either arguing over something or agreeing on it. After that my boss sent my back to my office with a stack of paperwork and a report that had to be turned over to him in the morning.

Round the time when I'm supposed to be home I get a call from Zayn,

"Hey babe, why aren't you home?"

"Sorry baby I have to write a report that I have to turn over tomorrow so I have to stay a little late to finish it."

"Oh, well I will try to wait for you but I had a log day. I was hoping to cuddle with you."

"I know. I will try to be home as soon as I can. I love you."

"Love you too."

And I hung up to try and get this stupid report done.

~*~

By the time I got home it was super late and I doubt Zayn stayed up this long. I walk in and I see Zayn asleep on the couch and dinner out on the table. I pick him up and gently lay him on our bed, I walk down stairs and pick at some of the food Zayn picked up after work then put it away. I sat at the table think how this night should have gone. While I was thinking I felt someone wrap their hands around my neck.

"I thought you were asleep?" I ask turning around in my chair.

"Well I felt you pick me up and put me in our bed and you weren't there so I came to find you." Zayn said with a small smile, I got up and hugged him. We just stood there until I pulled away to cup his face in my hands and gave him a loving kiss. He pulled away and dragged me to our room. I got out of my work clothes and just left my boxers on, climbing in to bed. Zayn shortly cuddling up next to me.

"Goodnight baby. I love you" kissing his forehead lightly.

"Love you too," and we both drifted off to sleep.

~*~