Chapter 14: A King's Lament

The Throne Room, Castle Of Medina, The Kingdom Of Medina 540 B.C...

       Many a night terror plagued the mind and peace of the infamous King of Medina as Myron found himself sitting alone in the darkness of his throne room. His journey to seek out The Hidden Sisters was a successful one, but he had not acquired the peace he wished to have when he first set out, if anything their declaration about the upcoming blood moon only served to make his angst all the more intense. They had given him a period of course but it caused great concern for him despite being five years away. The sorrowful King refused visitors upon his return and locked himself away in his chambers where even his favorite wife, Queen Maeve couldn't reach him. She worried for him almost sure that he'd taken ill with the way he refused his meals and neglected to address his people. Queen Clelia Of Rome seemed to be quite at peace with the lack of King Myron's presence as she despised having to endure his company ever since she'd been wed to him.

King Myron had known about his wife's coldness but chose to ignore it as she'd given him his first son and heir but he was less and less inclined to tolerate their disrespect when in person. It was no secret that the king seemed to favor the warmth of his loving second wife who had taken her devotion to him seriously and simply kept counsel and assisted his rule of Medina with grace and poise that was well above her initial education.

Lycidas as her son was the most impressive child to ever be born in within the kingdom of Medina. He had strength and skill matched only by his compassion and capacity to love and care for his people which his elder brother sorely lacked when interacting with them. It was the reason the people favored him almost as much as his father had.

The weary king had not wanted the responsibility of dealing with his son when the time came and had been more than relieved to have that duty off to another. Sadly, he knew no other could even get close enough to take out Lycidas as he could and there was no way recruiting his wife and mother would work no matter the reason for it.

There was also the knowledge that without Lycidas there was a chance the kingdom of Medina would fall to their many enemies and as a result, he began to scheme in his own right a way to ensure both threats were eliminated. As much as he loved his son, he wasn't in favor of allowing him to become a soulless bloodlusting fiend and instead aimed the brutal talents of the young prince toward dispatching Medina's most vicious enemies.

With the success of the most recent campaign led by his son, King Myron concluded that his son was the perfect force to ensure Medina had remained the powerhouse of the former Macedonian provinces that it had become long after he'd been gone. And once the vast number of enemies had been taken care of, he would see to putting an end to his own son's life if it meant protecting Medina and all he held dear no matter if they agreed with his decision to end Lycidas' life or not.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

The Master Bedroom, The Home Of Lycidas, The Kingdom Of Medina 540 B.C...

Lounging about in the large bed he shared with his expecting wife was another of Lycidas' favorite pastimes he found as he held her close to his bare chest while she rested her back against him as he began to trail a series of long slow kissing along the exposed dark colored flesh of the shoulder she had nearest to him. He took particular delight in the simple act of letting his hands move about her body as they each came to a rest along her belly. He could feel his child so full of life as it kicked and moved about inside her and couldn't help but smile a the notion of good fortune he had to have found his lovely Mira when he did.

Mira seemed to be at peace as well with her chosen path in life. She didn't have the humblest of beginnings as she'd been the daughter of a prominent noble in her homeland but never treated with as much respect as she had been before coming to this place. Servants awaited her every command and Lycidas allowed her the run of the house and say over the children, his cultural upbringing differed from hers in a great many ways, but she was quite eager to embrace it.

The other women claimed him to be a barbarian by blood due to his mother having come from one of the neighboring tribes that used to make war with Medina before the golden age of King Myron's rule. When the young king challenged the chieftain of the tribes and won he was given the brute's daughter as a spoil of war and means to build an alliance.

This alliance proved to be the best thing for both kingdoms as a result and trade became common between them as well as added aid when threatened by outside enemies and fierce warriors for combat and protection added to Medina's already swelling ranks.

Mira felt very much at home here in Medina despite the occasional odd looks barely concealed remarks about her complexion and unabashed rumor declaring her to be a witch of some sort. She figured out that it had mostly been due to jealousy as many a woman had dreamed of one day spreading their legs for the infamous Prince of Medina and baring his children which an outsider had accomplished.

"Did you enjoy your pet, my love?" asked Mira breaking the easy silence that had fallen between them.

Lycidas briefly reflected on his various intimate encounters with the young servant girl Lena. His cock twitched in the process causing his wife to smile as she wrapped a free hand around it slowly stroking her husband to the point of arousal.

"Was she tight?" asked Mira her voice seemingly taking on a seductive air as she continued her stroking of her beloved husband's cock.

Lycidas closed his eyes enjoying the sensation of his wife's touch against his bare flesh and the rippling effect of pleasure it produced.

"Yesss." he hissed becoming all the more aroused as his wife spoke and the memories of the act replayed in his mind.

"And did you enjoy her slickness as you filled her with your big cock my love?" asked Mira still stroking her husband as he leaned back against the plush pillows of their shared bed.

"Yesss." hissed Lycidas grunting in reaction to her soft and agonizingly slow strokes.

"And does she feel as good as this?" asked Mira taking her husband's cock into her slick opening as he moaned in response.

"N-No one feels as good as you do," he replied via a good deal of effort as lust began to once more cloud his mind when he thrust forward causing his wife to moan in response.

Lycidas continued to make love to his pregnant wife none the wiser about the many plots that had been put against him, last of all the ploy of his father, The King of Medina to put an end to him in a bid to keep the kingdom safe from the monster he'd been prophesied from his very birth to become.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

The King's Bedchambers, Castle Of Medina, The Kingdom Of Medina 540 B.C...

King Myron awoke from yet another night of terror as his wife Queen Maeve did her best to console him. She had not even given thought to her rest as she held the disoriented man in her arms and softly hummed him a tune. He began to relax listening to the combination of the tune and her heartbeat as the visions of horror faded away and the realization of horrible guilt set in. Maeve was a wonderful woman and an even better mother than his own had been. She loved him and their son dearly even extending her warmth and kindness to his third wife and son as if they were merely a part of the family for years before the truth of his unfaithfulness to her via a drunken hunting party.

She never said a bad word about much of anyone and the people openly preferred her in place of his first wife the more callous Queen Clelia Of Rome, he never considered how the death of their only son would affect such a tender and loving soul and it began to eat away at him all the more. A single tear streamed down the ailing King's cheek as his wife held him in her arms as if he were a newborn babe. The guilt-ridden king was able to let go as he drifted off to sleep deciding that Maeve's life was worth preserving even if it meant being responsible for the death of their son.