Chapter 8: The Coming Blooding Of The Moon

The Outskirts Of The Grimmauld Coven, Outside The Kingdom Of Medina, 540 B.C...

        Upon High winds threatened to impede the travels of a weary and aged King Myron as he made the dreaded trek toward the last known location of The Hidden Sisters. As much as he hated having to put any stalk in the words of the outcasts, he was desperate for answers as far as his plague of night terrors was concerned. From the moment Lycidas had been born beneath the light of a full-blood moon, there were doubts that filled the mind of the rather superstitious King Myron of Medina. He had been given to strange dreams shortly before the boy came into the world of horrors untold but kept them to himself as his wife gave birth. He visited The Hidden Sisters before to seek their counsel on matters but when it came to the future of his son Lycidas the words were always the same.

The boy born under the full-blood moon would bring death and horror to the world. He would be the most vile creature that ever drew breath and there would be nothing and no one who would be able to stop him as he'd impossible to slay. To make matters worse, it was foretold that he'd take his own mother as a lover and the abomination of their union would bring forth horrible and vicious monsters being both man and beast as blood ran through all the kingdoms they laid to waste before all the world was overtaken.

King Myron had hoped that his influence and the deeds the lad participated in would stave off the darker aspects of his future self, but as he learned from his most recent visit with The Hidden Sisters, that was not the case.

Superstition had served Myron of Medina well, on his quest to become king and his various hard-fought victories when it came to warfare in defense of it. Now his most reliable trait was turning into a most unwelcome thing as there was a good deal of indication that his second-born son would become his most hated enemy and lay waste to everything he held dear and then some due to the circumstances surrounding his very birth.

Myron braved the elements and the company of The Hidden Sisters once more in a bid to see if his worst fears would soon be realized and just as before when they advised him, they had come to the same conclusion that it would be so.

The devastated King knew that he had to come up with a way to prevent Lycidas from becoming the monster in his visions, but he knew not how to proceed with it. For the most part of his existence, Lycidas had lived a modest life outside of his ferocious combat abilities he never even raised a hand to another citizen. He was contented to be with his recently acquired wife Mira and their two children even going so far as to live in a modest General's house despite being born royalty.

He had served the crown and the people well, choosing to dedicate his time and efforts to keeping them all safe and waging bloody campaigns to ensure it was so. The time he sacrificed being with his family and watching his children grow saved many a life as he headed the armies the most formidable of all the generals of Medina, Prince Lycidas was more or less the champion of the people.

King Myron didn't wish to believe that his most treasured son would turn on his people but he couldn't help but recall how particularly brutal and almost otherworldly he could be when locked in combat. His strange nature served them well during the most difficult battles and wars with rivals but the slight chance that his son could turn the ferocity upon his own people was too much for the king to take.

He made up his mind that the situation had to be taken care of and it had to be done without alerting his son and upsetting the people before they knew the danger that their current Champion had posed.

The Hidden Sisters also hinted that Lycidas' bloodline would be responsible for producing monsters and Myron's mind ventured to the thought of his own grandchildren somehow becoming a part of that. It pained him to think of his son becoming the vile brute that slaughtered kingdoms abound, but his young grandson and baby granddaughter being compromised also hurt him tremendously.

On the way back from his meeting with The Hidden Sisters, King Myron came to the conclusion that if he was ever going to keep his kingdom intact, he'd have to do the unthinkable and despite the pain, it would cause him in the long run, it would be for the good of Medina as a whole.

King Myron was quite pale when he finally reached the impressive main city as he looked up at the sky that loomed above the seemingly peaceful place. There would be much bloodshed here in the coming days and bliss of peace shattered long before the coming of the next blood moon.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

The Master Bedroom, The Home Of Lycidas, The Kingdom Of Medina, 540 B.C...

The unseemly urge to urinate had driven away the fogginess of a much-needed rest as Lycidas of Medina rolled onto his back and his eyes opened in the semi-darkness of his bedroom. He was pleased to have finally managed to awaken in his own bed after many a night away and even more pleased that his expecting wife was sleeping soundly beside him. A small smile and a quick kiss along her exposed shoulder later and he climbed out of bed and headed for the great outdoors. The handsome Prince made his way through the house and out toward the garden where he was more than happy to relieve himself against a tree. His wife had not been too fond of his urinating in her garden, but a force of habit especially when she'd been out of the line of sight made him all the more inclined to do so.

Unbeknownst to Lycidas, the servant girl Tamera had been watching him. It was a routine she often practiced and it served to make all of her fantasies about him even more vivid. She longed to be the one he took to bed and impregnate to bear his children, but he was much too interested in the likes of Lady Mira to pay any attention to her.

Lycidas grinned thinking back to his lovely wife and their pleasant afternoon together. It wasn't long before his mind wandered to the bulge in her belly and the possibility of having another strapping son to teach and watch grow as he had Milo. Visions of presenting yet another son to his father filled his mind and he thought once more of naming the possible lad for Tyrus' father.

Prince Mirus of Medina had a nice ring to it and one that made Lycidas beam with pride. He imagined his boys on war campaigns and bringing honor and glory to the kingdom of Medina in their own right. His imagination took him in a different direction as he envisioned once more impregnating his wife and possibly adding a third son into the world as his father had. He came to the conclusion of his fantasy that if a third son were to be born of his union with Mira, he would of course name him Myron after his father.

The glorious trio of sons Milo, Mirus, and Myron continued to wage war and earn glory within their father's mind's eye and another smile filed across his bearded face before he finished relieving himself and ventured back toward the house and his shared bedroom with his slumbering wife.

All seemed well in the hidden little world that had been Lycidas' life so much so that he had remained blissfully unaware that there were those lurking in the shadows of the kingdom he had served and loved so much plotting in their various and twisted schemes to put an end to that life of his.